Bush Administration Asks State, Local Governments to Help Pay for Amtrak
- Judge blocks rail bonds. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/29/2013, Issue 324737, p6
The article informs that a Sacramento County Superior Court judge rejected the idea of the sale of bonds to raise money to build California's bullet train project and states that the judge felt, the project's plan would not comply with what voters were promised.
- Local bodies to lead HS2 regeneration plans. // Rail Business Intelligence;7/31/2014, Issue 467, p2
The article reports that local authorities and Local Enterprise Partnerships have been assigned by the British government to lead the development of regeneration plans in cities to be served by High Speed 2 railways.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p35
Reports developments on bonds in the U.S. Signing of Governor Gray Davis on the general obligation bonds for the high-speed rail line; Sale of Long Beach on tax and revenue anticipation notes; Approval of Meridian School District on the general obligation bond measure.
- Fuel Costs, Economy Jeopardize California Transit Bond Measures. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/4/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32996, p24
The article reports on the impact of the rising fuel costs and economic crisis on California Transit bond measures. According to the author, only 47% of California voters plan to vote for Proposition 1A, which would authorize $10 billion of bonds for the state's proposed high-speed rail network....
- California Senate Appropriations Panel To Decide Fate of $9 Billion Rail Bill. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p6
Reports the decision of the California Senate Appropriations Committee on the nine billion bond bill for high speed rail. Provisions of SB 1856; Support from federal and private funding; Views of press secretary Margaret Gladstein on the budget proposals of the bill.
- High Speed Rail on the Right Track? Price, Jena // California Today;Sep2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses about the development of high speed rail (HSR) systems in California. The development has occurred since Proposition 1A was passed in 2008, which distributed 9.95 billion dollars in bonds to finance the construction of bullet trains that move passengers between San Francisco...
- Judge Blocks California High Speed Rail Bond Sale. Guzzon, John // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/9/2013, Vol. 272 Issue 13, p1
The article reports that opponent of California's high-speed rail project have been successful in stopping the state from selling about 8 billion U.S. dollars in bonds to fund the initial construction phase after a California Superior judge ruled in their favor on November 25, 2013. According to...
- Through War Talk and Weak Economy, Bonds Stay in the Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/2/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31544, p26
Reports on efforts of local governments in Florida to get approval for the sale of new-money bonds. Favorability of market conditions; Sale of general obligation bonds; Increase in sales tax.
- Targeting the Pension Gap. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31722, p1
Reports on the preparation of the Oregon government to sell taxable pension obligation bonds. Total amount of the bonds; Authorization of the sale by the Measure 29 legislation; Proceeds of the sale.