Munis Drift Lower as Treasuries Fall; $257M of N.J. Transit Priced
- With treasuries in short supply, investors rush to buy mortgages. Brockman, Joshua // American Banker;5/6/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 85, Home loan leaders p6A
States that investors took the opportunity to purchase mortgages while Treasuries remained in short supply. Comments from Inna Koren, first vice president at Prudential Securities; Why mortgages are in strong demand from agencies; Financial information on collateralized mortgage obligation...
- CM-C.-Chart: Net Purchases of Long-Term Domestic Securities by Foreigners, Selected Countries. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2002, p88
Presents the chart and graph depicting the net purchases of long-term domestic securities by foreign investors in the U.S. Data gathered by the Treasury International Capital; Details the consolidation and mergers of U.S. and foreign companies; Pattern of the net purchases.
- CM-D.-Chart: Net Purchases of Long-Term Foreign Securities by U.S. Investors. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2002, p97
Presents the chart and graph depicting the net purchases of long-term foreign securities by U.S. investors. Types of securities; Information gathered by the Treasury International Capital; Acquisition of foreign stocks and bonds.
- Muni Prices Finished Mixed Amid More Than $1 Billion of New Issues. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;11/14/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31513, p2
Focuses on the response of investors to issues pertaining to secondary municipal bonds and treasury markets in the U.S as of November 13, 2002. Reason behind the decline in government bonds during early trading; Variations in the municipal bonds arena during the day trading; Insurance of bonds...
- Many investors will regret choices made in past year. Corbin, David // Fort Worth Business Press;1/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p40
Offers opinion on the status of stock investments in 2002 and its impact on investors in the U.S. Views on the performance of bonds in 2002; Projection on the yields of Treasury securities within the next ten years; Analogy between investment and chess.
- OFS-1.-Distribution of Federal Securities by Class of Investors and Type of Issues. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2002, p47
Presents the charts depicting the distribution of Federal securities by class investors and type of bond issues for the year 2001 to 2002 in the U.S. Amount of the total Federal securities outstanding; Value of public debt securities; Details of the public issues held by Federal Reserve Banks.
- OFS-1.-Distribution of Federal Securities by Class of Investors and Type of Issues (Historical). // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2002, p48
Presents the charts depicting the distribution of Federal securities by class of investors and type of bond issues from the year 1997 to 2001 in the U.S. Amount of the total Federal securities outstanding; Value of interest-bearing public debt securities; Public bond issues held by Federal...
- Rock Solid. Ortega-Arocho, Pedro // Caribbean Business;12/10/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p26
Reports that United States investors are buying Puerto Rico government bonds. Effects of move on the local economy; Comments from Lourdes Rovira, president of the Government Development for Puerto Rico; Factors behind the success of government bonds. INSETS: Busy agenda for 1999;Rovira: An...
- Stocks Swoon Again, and Bonds Are There to Pick Up Buyers. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;12/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31028, p2
Reports the increase in municipal bond sales in the United States. Impact of the Treasury rally on bond buying; Account on the bonds offering form to investors; Details on unsold bond balances; Losses in the Dow Jones Industrial Average and Nasdaq; Rapid pace of bond selling.