E-mailing Your Way to Disaster
- Organisations get tough on e-mail and internet abuse. // Management Services;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p3
Reports that a survey into Internet and electronic mail (e-mail) abuse from people management experts by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development shows that nearly one third of British organizations dismiss staff for excessive or inappropriate use of e-mail or the Internet. Survey...
- E-mail etiquette. Fischer, Nadine Udall // Workforce;Jan97 Supplement Tools, Vol. 76, p3
Offers suggestions for using e-mail as an effective business tool. Strategies for effective e-mail communication.
- E-mail and workplace issues--legal requirements for the use of technology. Gaal, John; Lane, Robert P. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;05/11/98, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p7T
Discusses several legal requirements for the use of electronic mail in American offices. Advantages and drawbacks of e-mail; Employer access to e-mail messages; Provision of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986.
- Online politicians find privacy elusive. Schwartz, David H. // Christian Science Monitor;12/3/96, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p3
Comments on scrutiny of the e-mail systems, by members of the public, questioning whether computer messaging among council members in Phoenix, marks a return to the days when decisions were made in privacy. Issues being disputed by elected officials; Comments from Kyle Niederpruem, Freedom of...
- Online small businesses rely on electronic mail, survey finds. // Fairfield County Business Journal;06/15/98, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p12
Reports that electronic mail is the leading small business online application, according to the survey results released by cyberdialogue/findsvp and C+C Data. E-mail's facilitation of business commerce and communication; Businesses' use of both customer and bulk e-mail lists.
- The e-mail audit trail. Chapman, Christy // Internal Auditor;Jun95, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p9
Reports on electronic mail (e-mail) systems as a source of evidence in lawsuits. E-mail as a source of uncensored statements; E-mail as a producer of electronic hot documents that provide the opening to litigation and potential liability; Audit trail provided by e-mail systems; Guideline...
- Mixed messages. // Inc.;1998 Inc. Technology 4, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p26
Presents a short list of electronic mail problems cited by small companies.
- Readers' questions: Is that a snail-trail in my e-mail? Ellingson, Dave // Las Vegas Business Press;7/3/95, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p19
Discusses how fast electronic mail systems are. Author's experience with sending an e-mail through America Online; Question of who else will see the e-mail; Choosing between a Macintosh or IBM-compatible computer.
- Get the message. McCune, Jenny C. // Journal of Property Management;May/Jun97, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p42
Provides tips on how to deal with personal electronic mails (E-mail) in an office. Society of Human Resource Management's (SHRM) survey on the use of electronic mail; Employees' assumptions on electronic communications without policies; E-mail policy; Suggestions on policy's coverage; Policy...