Too Stressed to Stay?
- The Real Deal. // Yard & Garden;2009 Dealer Success Guide, p24
The article presents questions and answers related to workforce reduction including how to eliminate two employees due to budget cuts and reduced workload and how to preserve morale for remaining workers after dismissing some of them.
- The Mailbag. Lessack, Susan K. // HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law;Oct2011, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p8
The article presents questions an answers related to human resource management in the U.S. including unauthorized overtime, the perils in giving a pay raise to boost employee performance and terminating an employee who has been called to jury duty.
- Seeking reasonable alternatives to employee termination. Keller, Karen // Fort Worth Business Press;10/12/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p28
The article presents questions and answers related to terminating a staff and making a difference in an organization.
- discussions online... // Personnel Today;
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management in Great Britain including the possibility of an employee for dismissal and factors to be considered in improving sickness absence of a small to medium-sized company.
- Find a way to help employees when health, safety are an issue. // Plant Engineering;Jun2005, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p33
Presents a question and answer advisory on personnel management. Dismissal of painter first class Larry Brewer due to his health condition; Job recommendations given by his supervisor after announcing his termination; Factor considered by the supervisor before deciding to terminate his subordinate.
- discussions onlineâ€¦. // Personnel Today;3/27/2007, p13
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management. One person asks about the job description for a vice-chairman of an organization. Another reader asks about employee dismissal procedure to avoid a claim for unfair dismissal. It is suggested that one should have a...
- Legal Q&A... extreme political views. // Personnel Today;12/2/2008, p14
The article presents questions and answers related to employment law, which include potential consequences if an employer dismisses an employee revealed to be a member of an extremist political organisation, compensation an employee receives on unfair dismissal, and whether employee can be...
- Addressing management issues. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Feb2007, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p32
The article presents questions and answers related to management issues. One person asks to the newly appointed supervisor about what is the proper procedure to fire an employee who does not meet the job standards. Another questions about the struggles of newly promoted staff either a...
- Legal Q&Aâ€¦ Suspensions. // Personnel Today;2/5/2008, p10
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management including the right to suspend in the contract of employment, suspension without pay, and claims other than constructive dismissal.