Hiring Foreign Workers in a Post-9/11 World
- Gain the edge in the knowledge race. Greengard, Samuel // Personnel Journal;Aug96, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on the importance of recruiting foreign workers with the skill and expertise to drive innovation and product development. Competition among American companies for a limited pool of scientists, engineers and mathematicians; Influx of legal immigrants in the United States; Enhancement of...
- To remain competitive, companies must seek highly-skilled workers abroad. Wilson, John // New Hampshire Business Review;10/28/2016, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p39
The article offers the author's insights on the importance of recruitment and employment of highly-skilled foreign workers which can be beneficial to the business operation and will bring diversity to workplace.
- The number. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/7/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4513, p70
This article presents the total administrative cost to a business with 50 or more staff of hiring one migrant worker.
- Foreign workers. Semple, Jack // Motor Transport;9/2/2004, p10
Comments on the recruitment of foreign truck drivers in Great Britain. Plan of the government on the issue; Manifestation of internationalism in road haulage.
- Look north to woo scarce engineering talent. Budman, Donald E. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/26/98, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p24
Encourages business owners to look to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) for ways to fill critical engineering positions in their companies. Requirements for qualification as a TN professional engineer in the NAFTA; Application process for an H-1B visa; Advantage of the H-1B visa...
- Tapping the international labor market. Hildreth, Thomas W.; Green, Pamela J. // New Hampshire Business Review;9/17/93, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p13
Reports on the trend among American businesses to employ foreign workers. Reasons; Admission requirements in the United States for foreign workers; Categories of foreign employment; Requirements for employers with foreign employees.
- EBU MOVE. // Image Technology;Feb1988, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p33
The article reports on the decision of the Administrative council of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) to recommend that the Technical Centre, which has been located in Brussels, Belgium since 1950 should be moved to Geneva, Switzerland. The decision follows discussions over a number of...
- Companies look overseas for short-term executives. Allen, Paul // Business Journal (Central New York);03/23/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the trend among companies in New York State and across the United States of recruiting short-term human-resource executives from other countries. Forecast of the recruitment of more foreigners to fill skills gap; Sectors which are most affected by worker shortages; Personnel...
- Nurse visa policy needs overhaul. Brownback, Sam // AHA News;10/8/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 40, p6
Introduces a United States-based legislation expanding the H-IC visa category to allow hospitals to recruit immigrant nurses on temporary visas. Factors contributing to the shortage of health care professionals; Impact of the legislation on immigration paperwork; Protection provided by the...