At AT&T, Repats Get a Safety Net
- Handicapped by network politics. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;06/22/98, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p70
Opinion. Discusses the surcharge being levied by telecommunication companies, highlighting America Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) company. Details on the surcharge; Reference to a press release by the United States Federal Communications Commission; Information on a tax which the FCC imposed...
- AT&T's Enterprise Initiatives: Missing The Human Touch? Pierce, Lisa // Business Communications Review;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p54
Focuses on the impact of the collapse of the telecommunication sector on the business services of AT&T Corp. in the U.S. Development of enterprise initiatives; Implementation of Multiprotocol Label Switching; Development of global transport network.
- The world at your fingertips. MacDonald, Christine // Business Mexico;Special Edition 1994, Vol. 4 Issue 1/2, p66
Focuses on American Telephone & Telegraph (AT&T) Co.'s establishment of operations in Mexico. Marketing strategy; Business opportunities; International competition; Customer support. INSET: Tele-competitors, by CM..
- The biggest winner of them all? Egolf, Karen // Telephony;11/6/95 Supplement Customer Care, Vol. 229 Issue 19, p14
Focuses on the performance of telecommunications providers in the United States in giving customer satisfaction. Preference given by consumers to interexchange carriers over other providers; AT&T as the interexchange carrier favored by most consumers; Quality, reliability and competitively...
- AT&T launches local attack. Pappalardo, Denise // Telephony;2/12/96, Vol. 230 Issue 7, p3
Reports on AT&T Corp.'s plans to get into the telecommunications business in the United States. Brand recognition and customer support; Appointments of seven regional vice presidents to oversee local exchange markets; Comments from AT&T Chairman Robert Allen.
- Communications industry in the post-divestiture era: Not... Brandi, Jay T.; Srinivasan, S. // Business Forum;Spring/Fall97, Vol. 22 Issue 2/3/4, p50
Examines the growth of telecommunications from three perspectives, the technology, regulation and comparative financial performance. Historical background of the American Telephone & Telegraph (AT&T); Key components of the 1982 Modified Final Judgment (MFJ) Services offered by AT&T; Regulation...
- The resurrection of AT&T. Pearce, Alan // America's Network;04/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p70
Focuses on how AT&T managed to rebuilt itself into a more potent force than it ever was before its 1984 breakup. How the company convinced the United States Federal Communications Commission that the AT&T-TCI alliance is the last hope for local exchange competition; Danger in the resurrection...
- Backpage briefing. // Telecom Asia;Nov98, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p78
Presents brief news on the telecommunications industry. Marketing drive launched by AT&T in the United States; Information on the television advertisement launched by Ericsson to attract young female consumers in China's cellular market.
- Crosstalk. // Telephony;7/19/93, Vol. 225 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the developments in the telecommunications industry. Bellcore research arm working for competitive environment; IBM entering ATM networking market; Product variety; Public network switches.