Ten Tips on Managing a Successful Repatriation Program
- Managing in China: Expatriate experiences and training recommendations. Weiss, Joseph W.; Bloom, Stanley // Business Horizons;May/Jun90, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p23
Discusses the challenges and stress experienced by expatriates working in China. Specific living and working difficulties; Opportunities in China for American and Western employees; Selection and training of employees for China assignment; Recommendations for multinational companies in China.
- CLEO's Working Overseas guide. Savage, James // Cleo;Nov2004, Issue 385, p153
Focuses on the experiences of foreign Australian workers in England, France, Italy and the U.S. Reflections of a journalist from her stay in London; Efforts of a magazine editor to find a job in the U.S.; Problems encountered by an overseas domestic worker in Paris; Advice for people who desire...
- Labour Migration to Hong Kong. Skeldon, Ronald // ASEAN Economic Bulletin;Nov95, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p201
This article examines two very different types of migration to Hong Kong: the movements from China and the movements of contract labour. These migrations are considered within the context of the structural change in the Hong Kong economy from an entrepÃ´t, through its development into a major...
- See How They WANDER. Power, Carla; Klee, Kenneth // Bulletin with Newsweek;07/25/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6234, p80
Focuses on the increasing demand for skilled immigrants to work in the information technology sector in foreign countries. Account on the global shortage of technology workers; Efforts of the United States in increasing the number of high technology immigrants; Impact of immigration laws on the...
- The Right Way to Bring Expats Home. Klaff, Leslie Gross // Workforce (10928332);Jul2002, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p40
Presents tips on retaining repatriates after working overseas. Reasons behind the decision of repatriates to leave the company after an overseas work; Information on a repatriation program; Cost of an effective repatriation program; Details of a survey conducted by the 'Global Relocation...
- Who Knows What's Right? Kirk, Douglas // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);12/12/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p6
The author comments on the increase of illegal migrant workers in the U.S.
- The fading charms of foreign fields. Brown, Malcolm // Management Today;Aug1994, p48
Reports on the causes of a change in attitude among expatriate workers. Traditional employers cutback on overseas postings; Expatriates return to find organizations which have changed beyond recognition while they were away; Companies' reassessment of the need for expatriates; Evidence that...
- Repatriation Planning. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Workforce;Oct2001 Supplement, Vol. 80, p22
Gives advice on personnel management of expatriate employees. Planning activities prior to the departure; Services for re-entry in the country of origin; Financial planning and related activities.
- Importing talent while staying within the law. Hunter, Ian // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p49
Reports that British employers could pay a price for the assumption that work permits for non-European Economic Area nationals are a mere formality. Categories available for applications for work permits; Purpose of the work permit scheme; Requirements for work permits under the overseas labor...