Employers Grapple with Escalating Health Costs
- Equity's Quinn Revisits Health Plan. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;8/22/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 34, p2
In a detailed 4,600-word letter, Actors' Equity Association President Patrick Quinn has taken a second stab at educating the union's members to their health plan's financial problems. His letter brought problems with the union's health-care plan to the forefront, stating his concerns about...
- Angling for Association Health Plans. // Association Management;Mar2004, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p7
Looks into the legislation that would allow ASAE and other associations to offer health insurance for its members in the U.S. Consideration of various proposals under the governing regulation; Inclusion of association health plan legislation as part of the policy solution; Support for the Small...
- 2. Regional Health Plan Network Providers. // Employee Benefit News;2004 Sourcebook, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p47
Presents a list of regional health plan network providers in the U.S. American Preferred Provider Organization; Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Georgia; Arizona Medical Network.
- Catastrophe Major Medical Insurance Plan offers increased benefits to SCA members. Malik, James R. // Spectra;Dec1996, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p8
This article announces the availability of additional benefits to the Catastrophe Major Medical Insurance offered by Wohlers & Company to members of the Speech Communication Association (SCA). The need for catastrophic health insurance protection increases everyday as the costs for specialized...
- Take Advantage of the HBAG Health Plan. // Atlanta Building News eNewsletter;10/ 4/2011, p3
The article informs that the Home Builders Association of Georgia (HBAG) has introduced the HBAG Health Plan that provides meaningful health insurance choices as well as competitive pricing to HBAG members. It has been stated that the HBAG Health Plan is offered through Multiple Employer Welfare...
- Senate Health Plan Legislation Opposed by ACS. Finkelstein, Joel B. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;8/2/2006, Vol. 98 Issue 15, p1033
The article reports on the opposition of the American Cancer Society (ACS) to the creation of national rules for health insurers that could change access to patient protection. Concern was expressed that the legislation would allow associations and small business insurers to create their own...
- ARE ASSOCIATION HEALTH PLANS THE CURE? Jones, Joyce; Hughes, Alan // Black Enterprise;Aug2003, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p38
Deals with the creation of the Association Health Plans (AHP) in the U.S., which allows small businesses to band together, and through trade and professional associations, purchase affordable benefits. Estimated premium reductions by purchasing benefits through an AHP; Difficulty faced by small...
- N.Y. Coalition Report Offers Recommendations To Improve Health Plans, Medicaid. Eckert, Carrie // Insurance Advocate;3/15/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the reforms in the Medicaid Matters New York coalition that include health plans for employees in New York. Recommendations for the improvement of Medicaid; Citation of the Health Care Reform Act; Efforts of the coalition to develop health plans.
- Plugging the holes in coverage. Davidson, Dick // AHA News;1/27/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p4
Presents information on the Covering the Uninsured, a coalition of businesses, labor, health care and consumer groups in the U.S. Goal of the coalition; Members of the coalition; Percentage of citizens who lack medical insurance.