Making Music with a Great Teacher
- The psychology of the pupil-teacher relationship. Vennard, Willliam // American Music Teacher;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p24
Reveals an understanding of the pupil-teacher relationship pertaining to music. Teacher's approach to the ego of students; Comparison of pupil-teacher association with libidinous relationship; Reciprocality of the relationship; Building of student's confidence; Dependence of ethics on motivation.
- To Be, Or To Seem To Be...? Berr, Bruce // American Music Teacher;Apr/May2014, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p64
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being a music student.
- It's a Journey. Brinckmeyer, Lynn // Music Educators Journal;Jan2008, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p4
The article presents the author's reflections on the inspirational aspects of music education and the motivation of teachers. The author uses the metaphor of travel to describe life as a continuing journey and highlights the influence music teachers and their students have on each other's...
- Polyphony: Reflection and Renewal. Magrath, Jane // American Music Teacher;Jun/Jul2002, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p70
Discusses several issues on teaching music. Suggested activities during summer; Goals in teaching music; Ways to help a music student with major technical problems.
- From My Side of the Desk. Milne, Moira // Ostinato;Spring2014, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of teaching her students to play a recorder.
- Creating Partnerships--Sustaining Relationships: Reflections on Pedagogy Saturday V. Frazier, Ivan // American Music Teacher;Oct/Nov2001, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p28
Discusses how music teachers can better relate to students to improve and sustain the student-teacher relationship. Primary qualities of a teacher as perceived by students; Impact of peer relationships in the teaching and learning process; Suggested problem solving method for music teachers and...
- Franny's Music Lessons. Avery, Susan J. // American Music Teacher;Aug/Sep2003, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p112
Presents an article about the challenges faced by music students in their pursuit to master the subject. Factors that mentors correct in their teaching of piano music; Way to inculcate positive emotions to students.
- It's National Teacher Appreciation Week: Time to tell a teacher that you care. Moran, Alcia Hall // New York Amsterdam News;4/28/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 17, p25
The article presents views of several musicians including harpist Brandee Younger, violin teacher David Burnett, and horn player Jeff Scott about role of their music teachers on their career.
- IN LOCO PARENTIS. Davis, Hazel // Strad;Dec2005, Vol. 116 Issue 1388, p44
The article talks about the relationships between stringed instrument students and teachers. In North America standard music education normally includes constant observation by supervisors and principals along with evaluation on a regular basis. The main problem is that the age of consent...