Don't Go By This Book
- By the book: Employee guides offer benefits for everyone. Riddell, Don // Nation's Restaurant News;1/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p22
Opinion. Discusses the importance of having an employee handbook to companies. Guidelines and summary information about a company's policies, procedures, benefits and rules of conduct; Improved morale and productivity; Consistent application of company policy; Cost-effective employee benefit;...
- All-purpose employee handbook. Wilkinson, Roderick // Supervision;Jan92, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p5
Shares the importance of impressive employee handbook. The advantages of a loose-leaf booklet for every employees; Typical example of an employee handbook; Some ideas for the printing of additional pages which would support the booklet; Three dominant arguments favor.
- Employee manuals. Howland, Steven // Black Enterprise;Oct95, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p36
Answers a business owner's question about setting up an employee manual. Reasons for creating a manual; Prevention of lawsuit against unlawful discharge; Lawyer's assistance in the creation of a manual.
- Crafting a personnel handbook. Shakespeare, Tonia L.; Brown, Carolyn M. // Black Enterprise;Feb97, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p35
Part I. Presents advice on crafting a personnel handbook which will serve as a legal guide to establishing company policies and procedures. Format; Content; Language.
- Writing employee handbooks. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;03/17/97, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p27
Provides tips for writing employee handbooks. Necessity of handbooks; Determination of handbook content; Inclusion of policy statement; Five mandatory sections in the handbook.
- Employee handbooks carry important role. Beauchesne, M. Elaine // Business NH Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p26
Discusses the importance of employee's handbook issued by the employers. Aims of the handbook drafting from the point of view of the employer's counsel; Points to consider by the Employers in preparing an employee handbook. INSET: In your corner..
- Ever changing, ever troublesome South Carolina employee handbook law requires careful... Alexander Jr., Mason G.; Fowles III, James H. // South Carolina Business Journal;Feb96, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
Discusses the legal aspects of employee handbooks in South Carolina. Disclaimers in handbooks; Use of non-promissory language; Guarantees of fair dealing; Scope of the handbook; Making amendments in the handbook; Lessons from the employee handbook case `Small v. Springs Industries Inc.'
- Employee handbooks require clear, precise preparation. Dzikowski, Don // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p8
Offers tips for employers on how to prepare employee handbooks. Legal tips from Robert D. Noonan, vice president counsel for management services for the Connecticut Business and Industry Association.
- The how-to of employee handbooks. Steingold, Fred S. // American Nurseryman;03/15/97, Vol. 185 Issue 6, p52
Presents various aspects of formulating employee handbooks. Objectives of employee handbooks; Production; Essential topics to be included; Includes introduction; Hours; Job attendance; Pay and salaries; Workplace civility.