The Tale That Money Tells
- Hide and Seek. Solomon, Jeremy // Progressive;Aug86, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p46
Reviews the book 'Verification and Arms Control: How Much Is Enough,' by Betty Lall, Rosy Nimroody and Paul Brandes.
- Too Little McNamara? Barrett, Lawrence I. // Time;3/15/1971, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p95
The article reviews the book "How Much Is Enough?" by Alain C. Enthoven and K. Wayne Smith.
- VERIFICATION: HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH?/ARMS CONTROL VERIFICATION: A GUIDE TO POLICY ISSUES FOR THE 1980s (Book). Pierre, Andrew J.; Despard, Lucy Edwards // Foreign Affairs;Summer86, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p1111
Reviews two books on verification of arms control. "Verification: How Much is Enough?," by Allan S. Krass; "Arms Control Verification: A Guide to Policy Issues for the 1980s," by William F. Rowell.
- Money Therapy 101. LaBarre, Polly // Fast Company;Feb2002, Issue 55, p116
Presents an interview with financial advisor Pamela York Klainer. Background of Klainer; Contention of Klainer that money and happiness are tightly linked; Discussion on money management; Information on money therapy. INSET: What's Your Money Stage?.
- Bureaucratic and strategic human resource management: An empirical comparison in the federal... Mesch, Debra J.; Perry, James L. // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Oct95, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p385
Attempts to identify significant differences between the bureaucratic model of human resource management (HRM) and the strategic human resource management (SHRM) model. Titles 38 and 5 of the United States Code which embodies ideas associated with strategic and bureaucratic HRM system...
- New Products. // Employee Benefit News;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p64
Presents products launched for employees in the U.S. as of April 2003. Focus of the designation, Compensation Management Specialist developed by the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist Program; Resources introduced by CIGNA Retirement and Investment Services; Action taken by Charles Schwab...
- Trust slips away. Lucia, Al // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p12
Offers advice for executives on how to rebuild employee trust. Importance of trying more candor and honesty; Need to address deficiencies in performance; Offering of individual development.
- Human resources. Parmenter, David // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p62
Questions whether the functions of human resources (HR) individuals are needed, highlighting some of the consequences of depleting human resources. Functions of HR; Effective ways which HR practitioners have for recruiting employees; What the possible consequences of removing an internal HR...
- Australian HR professionals identify their key challenges. Frazee, Valerie // Workforce;Oct97 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 76, p9
Focuses on issues in human resource management cited by large Australian organizations as their key challenges in 1997. Organizational restructuring/cultural change as the business priority for 1997; Learning and development; Performance management; Succession planning.