Area Array Rework-- Size Does Matter!
- 3-D Partitioning of Printed Circuit Design. Fjelstad, Joseph; Yasumara, Gary; Grundy, Kevin // Advanced Packaging;Feb2005, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the trend towards three-dimensional partitioning of printed circuit board (PCB) design. Influence of integrated circuit technology on the evolution of printed circuit; "Elevated highway bypass" packaging design of integrated circuits.
- 3D MULTI-BOARD Product-Level PCB and IC Packaging Design. ARMENTI, CRAIG // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;Aug2015, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p28
The article focuses on the new generation of three-dimensional multi-board product-level printed circuit board (PCB) design and integrated circuit packaging design tools. Topics discussed include the challenges encountered by multi-board designers with regard to planning and the management of...
- A Closer Look at Post-Print Inspection. Zarrow, Phil // Circuits Assembly;Feb2008, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p18
The article provides information on post-print inspection system for surface mount technology assembly process. The post-print inspection system has two parts: integrated into the printer, or as dedicated, standalone equipment. Advances in the system have synchronized post-print inspection with...
- Getting Ready to Rework Lead-free. LaFleur, Ray // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p20
Discusses basic rework system design for a lead-free rework. Capabilities and/or limitations of a rework system to achieve repeated satisfactory repair results; Size flexibility of a package; Development processes to be integrated into a software package; System hardware design considerations.
- Three Roadmaps Addressing Three Levels of Electronics Industry Manufacturing: Is There a Disconnect Among Them? Miller, Harvey // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Mar2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p73
An expert panel discussed the challenges of charting the future of electronic industry interconnection technologies during IPC APEX EXPO 2012. The implications for electronic equipment manufacturing could not be more profound. Following is an interpretation of three messages, addressed...
- iNEMI Roadmap. McElroy, Jim // CircuiTree;Mar2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p44
The article reviews highlights of interconnect substrates outlined in the "2007 International Electronics Manufacturing Initiative (iNEMI) Roadmap," which covers 19 technology and infrastructure areas along with five product sectors, identifying the needs of the worldwide electronics industry....
- Smart Equipment Strategies Optimize Final Test. Loferer, Barbara // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Mar2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p62
Semiconductor companies are putting a greater focus on cost structure as sales prices fall and margins are reduced. This segment of the electronics industry is growing fast, but it seems no company is willing to pay the high prices associated with ICs used in production. Barbara Loferer takes a...
- Surface mount LED socket. // Design News;8/21/89, Vol. 45 Issue 16, p49
Features the Surface mount LED socket, a surface mount technology developed by Visual Communications Co. Inc. Usability; Relevant applications; Availability.
- Package Routing Considerations. Voss, Bernard // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Nov2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p20
Presents advice on the proper timing for routing processes. Example of an integrated circuit package-compensated printed circuit board routing (PCB) rule sheet; Discussion on detailed PCB routing.