- Semi-Therm 24 Focuses on Cooling. Goldstein, Julia // Advanced Packaging;Apr2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p18
The article offers information on the technical sessions at Semi-Therm 24 that focuses on die and package level cooling. It presents the importance of using mathematical modeling in order to save time and money in the designing process. The sessions include the presentation of a method of...
- CPLDs Move to Chip Scale Packaging. // Design News;11/22/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 17, p49
Highlights the CoolRunner-II family of complex programmable logic devices, developed by Xilinx Inc. Chip scale packaging that trims space requirements while matching the prices of larger quad flat packs; Product design and specifications; Capabilities.
- Managing CSP Underfill Processes. Adamson, Steven J.; Wheatley, Barry; Murch, Frank // Circuits Assembly;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on the underfill dispensing process of electronic products in the U.S. Types of electronic components; Description of chip-scale package; Use of dual conveyor lanes in the dispensing systems.
- Chip-Scale Packaging Is Ready For Prime Time. Monticelli, Dennis // Electronic Design;02/05/2001, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p46
Reports the development of the chip-scale package (CSP). Availability of microminiature package; Purpose of the mid-range CSP; Types of CSP.
- The future role of chip-scale packaging in COTS reliability. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Oct2001, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p27
Reports the role of chip scale packaging (CSP) in commercial off-the-shelf reliability. Reason behind the commercial applications of CSP; Historical accounts of chip packages; Product features.
- Cutting cost of DC-DC converter design. // Electronics Weekly;11/9/2005, Issue 2217, p31
This article reports that Vicor Corp. is offering a lower cost DC-DC converter design option with power modules priced at $0.29/ W in quantities of 1000. Called E-grade, the modules and VIPAC Arrays are priced around 15% below the firm's current C-grade versions. These products are available in...
- The future role of chip-scale packaging in COTS reliability. Gurnett, Keith; Adams, Tom // Military & Aerospace Electronics;May2001, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p3
Discusses the impact of ever-shrinking components for electronic systems designs on the development of chip scale packages (CSP). Use of CSP in commercial off-the-shelf military and high-reliability applications; Advantages of using CSP; History of CSP.
- Packing and Stacking. Fjelstad, Joe // Electronic News;01/22/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p48
Deals with the introduction of chip scale packages in an attempt to reduce the size of electronics products while maintaining or increasing their functionality. Features of chip scale packages; Concept of chip stacking; Background on the concept of maximum percent active silicon; Methods of...
- Flipping Over Flip-Chip. Vardaman, Jan // Electronic News;01/22/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p49
Reports on the increase in the demand for flip-chip technology. Factors which contribute to the high performance of such technology; Its features; Use of the technology in the personal computer market.