- THE COMMERCIAL MARKET. // Microwave Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p49
Presents updates on the electronic industries commercial market as of February 2003. Performance of microelectromechanical systems in the consumer electronic market; Expected growth of end-user application markets; Increased demand for gallium arsenide-based wireless power integrated circuits
- MEMS micro heat exchangers employ impinging jets to boost cooling efficiency. Allan, Roger // Electronic Design;04/05/99, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p29
Reports the fabrication of silicon micro heat-exchanger chips by MEMS in the United States. Use of impinging jets in making MEMS chips to provide heat-transfer coefficient; Employment of thermistor-type temperature sensors; Discussion on the fabrication of the chips; Tradeoff between the amount...
- Real SOCs are waiting in the wings. Lipman // EDN;11/11/99, Vol. 44 Issue 23, p37
Focuses on the development of system on a chip (SOC). State-of-the-art microelectromechanical systems designs; Role of microfluidics in the development of a lab on a chip; Requirement of SOC design.
- Seeing machines in a grain of pollen. // Electronics Now;Mar1999, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) prototype that functions as a clock source. Use of the micromachined elements to form a complete system on a chip; Features of the MEMS prototype.
- MEMS the Word in ICs. Barrett, Kelly // Electronic News;09/13/99, Vol. 45 Issue 37, p30
Discusses the application of micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) in integrated circuit production. Projected market growth of MEMS; Challenges in packaging of MEMS chip.
- STMICROELECTRONICS BOOSTS SOUND PERFORMANCE. // Electro Manufacturing;Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the launch of audio processing chip STA321MP which boosts sound performance of microphones and speakers by STMicroelectronics NV in Geneva, Switzerland. It mentions the potential of the device to allow customers to deliver market-leading audio products with remarkable...
- Fabrication and assembly of 3D MEMS devices. Pascual, Daniel N. // Solid State Technology;Jul2005, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p38
The article informs that the ability to integrate mechanical elements with supporting electronics on a micro scale has bolstered microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) as an enabling technology, sparking interest in an impressive range of applications. The fabrication of MEMS has certainty...
- Silicon-based Hermetic Package. // Advanced Packaging;Mar2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p39
The article features Hymite A/S's HyCap S QFN/SON hermetic MEMS and IC package which complies with standard QFN/SON packages for high-volume SiP applications. Its silicon encapsulation process allows manufacturers to integrate MEMS with electronic components and passives into one compact...
- MEMS aids disk drive performance. Prophet, Graham // EDN Europe;Nov2000, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p18
Features the SO-24, sensor made of integrated microelectromechanical system and signal processing chip from ST Microelectronics. Function of the micro-machined sensor; Displacement of device elements by rotational acceleration; Use of a polysilicon layer to increase device sensitivity.