The Ontario Workers Arts and Heritage Centre: art, communities and unions
- Vietnam. Urquhart, Cath; Benhow, Steve // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jun94, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p36
Features the cultural geography of Vietnam. Traces of French colonial rule; American legacy from the war years; Social life and customs; Photographs. INSET: Travel tips..
- Introduction--Geographic Discourses: The Changing Spatial and Territorial Dimensions of Israeli Politics and Society. Newman, David // Israel Studies;Spring2008, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Stanley Waterman regarding the surveys of Israeli human Geography, and another by Shaul Krakover and Yehuda Gradus on Israeli geographers' writings up to the early 2000s.
- Another Europe: remembering Habsburg Galicja. Bialasiewicz, Luiza // Cultural Geographies;Jan2003, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p21
The past ten years have brought about a profound reordering of the spatial imaginary of Europe. It is a reordering, however, that continues to this day, and the tracing (symbolic as well as institutional) of the future 'Eastern' confine of the common European space remains a highly contested -...
- Mapping underground London: the cultural politics of nature, technology and humanity. Rycroft, Simon // Cultural Geographies;Jan2003, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p84
An understanding of the geographies of resistance benefits from an exploration of alternative geographical imaginations. A focus on the London based counter-culture of the 1960s illustrates this point. The oppositional geographies of the counter-culture can be mapped using the London underground...
- Who's No. 1? Corwin, Julie // U.S. News & World Report;6/13/94, Vol. 116 Issue 23, p16
Advises that each year, scholars provide the United Nations a `human-development index,' ranking nations according to how well their people do in such areas as life expectancy, education and purchasing power. The 1994 report card shows Canada as the world leader, followed by Switzerland, Japan,...
- Towards a phenomenology of Samnite fortified centres. Bispham, E. H.; Bradley, G. J. // Antiquity;Mar2000, Vol. 74 Issue 283, p23
Highlights a study on the anthropogenic change in society, economy and settlement between the Bronze Age and the Middle Ages in Sangro Valley, Italy. Description of the site; Possible inter-related readings of the view of the mountain; Interpretation on the purpose of the walls of Monte Pallano.
- THE PLACE WHERE YOU LIVE. // Orion Magazine;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p8
This article presents readers' descriptions of places where they lived. Two readers described places in the U.S., the Santa Rita Mountains in Arizona and the Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia. An Italian reader described Orvieto, known in the medieval times as Urbs Vetus, in Italy. Another...
- Photography and landscape studies Davis, Tim // Landscape Journal;Spring1989, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Critical realism and realist research in human geography: a method or a philosophy in search of a method? Yeung, H.W.C. // Progress in Human Geography;Mar1997, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p51
Recent philosophical debates in human geography tend to misappropriate critical realism as a method per se . Drawing upon an extensive review of the realist philosophy and method in social science, this article argues that critical realism is a philosophy in search of a method. It first delves...