The Bottom Line Takes Center Stage As University Presses 'Start Sweating The Small Stuff'
- University presses `on the upbeat'. Baker, John // Publishers Weekly;7/10/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 28, p36
Reports on the holding of the 1995 convention of the Association of American University Presses. Sales growth of and complaints by booksellers against association members; Struggle between proponents of copyright protection and more free information; Role of university presses in academic careers.
- University presses show commitment to electronic future. Bryant, Eric; Nugent, Amy Boaz // Library Journal;8/1/1994, Vol. 119 Issue 13, p12
Reports on the 1994 Association of American University Presses (AAUP) conference, held June 19-22 in Washington, D.C. High attendance; Focus on electronic publishing; Colin Day's keynote address; Highlights.
- AAUP Design Show: `Consummate care.' Grannis, C.B.; Frank, J.P. // Publishers Weekly;8/17/1990, Vol. 237 Issue 33, p32
Covers the Association of American University Presses annual meeting's design show which was held June 24-26 in Philadelphia. The Jury; Description of some winning book covers; Lists design show winners by Typographical books, Illustrated books,Journals and Jackets.
- AAUP 1990. Feldman, G.; Grannis, C.B. // Publishers Weekly;8/3/1990, Vol. 237 Issue 31, p18
Reports on the Association of American University Presses' annual meeting which was held in Philadelphia at the Wyndham Plaza Hotel June 24-27. Global viewpoint; Culture of publishing; Importance of paperbacks; Reaching college adopters; Contracts and advances; Managing growth; Opportunities...
- University Presses focus on mutual support. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;6/10/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 24, p36
Reports on the Memorial Day weekend annual meeting of the Association of American University Presses. Setting on a mountain in Utah; Description of the meeting as one of mutual support and sharing of information; AAUP president-elect Kate Torrey; Reports on the plenary sessions.
- AAUP show: designer for the reader. Grannis, C.B. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 23, p29
Reports on the ever-widening scope of university press publications and the challenges they pose to designers that will be demonstrated anew at the Association of American University Presses' annual meeting June 20-22, Naples, Fla. Early scanning of final selections submitted by university...
- UPs Ponder Publishing Culture, E-book Future. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;7/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 28, p9
Reports on the annual convention of the Association of American University Presses in Denver, Colorado in June 2000. Issues that were discussed; Highlights of the event; Concerns that were raised.
- University Presses: A New Diversity. Rawlinson, Nora; Berry, John // Library Journal;8/1/1988, Vol. 113 Issue 13, p57
Reports on the Association of American University Presses' 51st annual meeting on June 26-29, 1988, in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Issues on library science discussed at the conference; Theme of the event; Key speakers; Sessions topics; Event highlights.
- Good News -- and Bad -- For Scholarly Publishers. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;7/22/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 29, p67
Reveals that analyses of several university press titles were a feature at the annual Association of American University Presses convention held in Saint Petersburg, Florida in June 2002. Lecture delivered by Rutgers director Marlie Wasserman; Number of copies of the book 'What Went Wrong:...