Tobacco Bond Plan Passes N.J. Assembly, Awaits Senate Action
- Ohio Officials Planning $5B Tobacco Securitization in Fall. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32641, p60
The article reports on the plans of the Ohio state officials to launch its proposed $5 billion tobacco securitization in the U.S. market by September 2007. State officials will establish a competitive selection process for a financial team who will manage the tobacco securitization deal after...
- RECESSION DOWNSHIFT. Gallagher, John // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/2/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p58
The article reports that YRC Worldwide has survived financial crisis after filing the new terms of its credit agreement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on February 13, 2009. The entry notes that YRC received a renewed $950 million credit line for August 2012 and up to $500...
- Pair of Cagamas deals moving along. R. D. // Asset Securitization Report;6/27/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 25, p19
The article reports on the Malaysian state-owned secondary mortgage company Cagamas' decision to mandate two separate deals backed by small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) loans. Cagamas' involvement is limited to paying fees to the arrangers. The Malaysian government is believed to be the...
- Securitisation takes off. // Finance Week;7/14/2003, p68
Focuses on the securitization market in South Africa. Introduction of securitization regulations; Definition and features of securitization; Reasons for companies to securitize assets.
- Skin in the Game Won't Work If It Goes Too Far. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;4/12/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p5
The article discusses the harm to asset-backed financing by changes to accounting policies in the U.S.
- Deal Gets Over Reg Hurdle, But Full Market Has Yet to Clear It. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;4/26/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p5
The article focuses on the efficiency of the originated private-label/jumbo securitization in the U.S.
- Securitisation: A viable finance alternative? De Giorgio, Emmanuelle Moors // African Business;Jan1998, Issue 228, p36
Focuses on securitization as a form of raising finance. Significance of securitizing future cash flow; Basic structure of international future flow securitization; Elements considered where rating of securitized transactions are based.
- Turning debts into cash. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p68
Focuses on the growth of debt securitization in Asia. Expected growth of debt origination; Major sources of growth in debt origination; Completion of the first Asian securitization outside of Japan and Hong Kong; Collaboration between traditional securitization markets and markets of other high...
- Asset securitization for middle-market companies. Lindquist, Teri A. // Business Credit;Feb97, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on asset securitization, a financing method which enables companies to obtain a lower cost of funds through the capital markets. Method of financing a pool of financial assets by selling those assets to a special purpose vehicle (SPV); Three main benefits which are derived from asset...