Kansas School District Offers Final Piece of $167M Authorization
- La Vernia advisors may save district $1 million. Kilbey-Smith, Nannette // Wilson County News;2/7/2014, p7A
In this article, Cody Miller, president of the board of trustees of the La Vernia Independent School District (ISD), Texas, states that the board authorized the issuance of unlimited tax refunding bonds during its meeting held on February 3, 2014 in order to save one million U.S. dollars.
- Weiss Called 'Extremely Negligent'. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p1
The article reports on bond counsel Ira Weiss' negligence in giving a Pennsylvania school district an unqualified opinion that a $9.6 million arbitrage-driven three-year note transaction was tax-exempt in the United States. According to Weiss, he relied on school district officials in...
- Birdville ISD votes for freeport tax exemption. Brown, Marsha // Business Press;9/1/95, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p4
Reports on Birdville school district board members in Tarrant County, Texas' voting for Freeport Tax Exemption status. Features of the lobbying efforts by the Northeast Tarrant County business community; Comment by Greg Nichol, president of Allied Electronics; Implications of the move.
- L.A. Schools Selling $1.8B of GOs, Part Tax-Exempt and Part BABs. WARD, ANDREW // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p28
The article reports on the plan of Los Angeles Unified School District to sell 1.8 billion of general obligations bonds in February, 2010. It notes that the plan includes two bond offerings, about a third as tax-exempt debt and about two thirds taxable Build America Bonds (BABs). It mentions...
- Kentucky's First BABs Surprise School District on Interest Cost. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/28/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33122, p36
The article focuses on the reaction of the Fayette County, Kentucky School District Finance Corp. of its first Build America Bonds (BAB). Greg Phillips, senior vice president of J.J.B Hilliard, W.L. Lyons LLC, the district financial adviser, says it seems that district will not receive any...
- Late Summer Lethargy Continues As Municipals Finish Unchanged. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;8/26/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32205, p2
Reports on the condition of the municipal bond secondary market in the U.S. Observation that buyers were not aggressive enough in the first part of the session to push bond prices higher; Contribution of the longstanding underperformance of short-dated Treasuries to the weakness in tax-exempt...
- Erie County IDA to Sell $315 Million for Buffalo, N.Y., Schools. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/30/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32019, p4
The article reports on sell of bonds by public schools in Erie County, New York. The Erie County, Industrial Development Agency is expected to sell about $315 million of 20-year bonds on Thursday in the second such deal for the Buffalo Public Schools. Financial Security Assurance is insuring the...
- Virginia Moving Ahead With $160 Million, Public-Private Road Deal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p4
Reports developments in the tax-exempt bond deal for financing road improvements in Virginia. Cooperation between the counties of Fairfax and Loudoun, and the Shirley Contracting Corp. private developer; Expenditure of the special tax on commercial real estate; Estimation of project cost.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p33
Presents a chart depicting short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S.