S&P Outlook on Arizona Turns Negative; Reserve Fund Cited
- ITALY RECEIVES S& WARNING. Johnson, Mark // Global Finance;Feb2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the credit ratings given by Standard & Poor's Corp. in Italy. Lack of clarity on the medium-term fiscal strategy of the country; Projection for the budget deficit; Comment on the structural expenditure problems faced by the nation.
- MARKET MOVERS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 34, p1
Presents an update on emerging markets as of December 15, 2003. Target budget deficit of Hungary in 2004; Revision made by Standard & Poor's Corp. on its outlook on Brazil's long-term foreign currency rating; Upgrade of Romania's long-term foreign currency rating from Moody's.
- New Jersey Placed on CreditWatch Negative by S&P. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34119, p1
The article informs that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has placed its ratings on New Jersey's general obligation, appropriation-backed, and moral obligation debt on CreditWatch with negative implications. It mentions that S&P could lower the rating within two-three months depending on the...
- Only Economic Growth Can Fund Puerto Rico Long-Term Costs: Report. // Bondbuyer.com;11/ 7/2014, p28
The article provides information on a report published by credit risk rating provider Standard & Poor's Ratings Services which attributed Puerto Rico's credit problems to economic trends. It cites the need for the nation's economy to grow for it to be able to manage long-term costs such as...
- CALIFORNIA: Deficit May Be on Horizon. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/7/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32769, p9
The article reports that according to Standard & Poor's Corp., slowdown in state revenues could result in politically difficult budget adjustments to maintain positive budgetary reserves, with a possible return to a deficit fund balance position on the horizon in California. The state budgeted a...
- West Bloomfield SD, Mich., Downgraded to A-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;11/16/2015, p23
The article reports that the rating of obligation bonds of West Bloomfield School District, Michigan, has been downgraded by the rating agency Standard & Poor's due to general fund deficits.
- S&P Ups Lithuania To Aâˆ’. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/9/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p13
Reports on the upgrade of foreign currency rating on Lithuania issued by the Standard & Poor's (S&P) as of February 9, 2004. Reason of S&am;P for upgrading the rating; Expectations of S&P on Lithuania in terms of budget deficit and gross domestic product; View of Kai Stukenbrock, credit analyst...
- S&P Puts Puerto Rico on CreditWatch. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32345, p4
The article reports that Standard & Poor's has placed Puerto Rico's BBB rating for general obligations debt and related ratings on CreditWatch negative. The ratings agency cited the commonwealth's more than $1 billion structural budget imbalance. The absence of additional revenues raises an S&P...
- Williamsburg, Mass., GOs Lowered to BBB by S&P. // Bond Buyer;1/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32786, p2
The article reports that the underlying rating on Williamsburg, Massachusetts's general obligation bonds was lowered to BBB from BBB-plus by Standard & Poor's Corp. The rating agency gave negative rating due to the town's recent general fund deficits and shallow local economy. Analyst Henry...