NEWS IN BRIEF
- P.R. government's credit under review. Trinidad, Pablo J. // Caribbean Business;3/23/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p8
Reports that representatives of Standard & Poor's Ratings Group and Moody's Investors Service will visit Puerto Rico to review the Commonwealth government's financial situation. Preparation for the Government Development Bank's plans to issue about $350 million in general obligation bonds;...
- State's new bond rating lifts all boats. Beaven, Stephen; Heikens, Norm; King, Mason; Pletz, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/29/97, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p8
Reports on the favorable bond ratings for Indiana from Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's.
- City of Troy bond ratings get a boost. Green, Leslie // Crain's Detroit Business;07/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p6
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Service Inc. upgraded their ratings on bonds for the city of Troy, Michigan. Assessed valuation of Troy; Conditions contributing to the upgrades.
- Government dream team seeks improved credit rating. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;4/26/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the scheduled formal presentations by Puerto Rico's top economic team to New York credit rating agencies with the goal of seeking improved credit ratings for Puerto Rico. Separate sessions with Standard & Poor's, Moody's Investors Service; Presentations preceding a general obligation...
- Florida Land Preservation Program Gets Ratings Lift. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;06/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31152, p41
Reports that the Florida Forever revenue bonds of the state's environmental land acquisition program has received an AA-minus rating from Standard & Poor's, an A-plus rating from Fitch IBCA and an A1 from Moody's Investors Service. Expected sale date of the bonds; Use of the bond proceeds to...
- Bond Buyer Indexes. // Bond Buyer;12/7/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31280, p39
Presents average yield for municipal bonds during December 2000-December 2001 in the U.S. Average yield on 30-year Treasury 3 bonds; Ratings of various states given by U.S.-based Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp.; Ratings of various bonds.
- S&P Issues Policy on UCC's Article 9 Security Interests. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/18/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31307, p1
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has warned that its credit ratings for certain municipal securities issues may be affected by changes to Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code that cover security interests. Impact of changes on the credit policies of other companies; Concerns of Moody's...
- Lebanon. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/7/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the credit ratings awarded by the Moody's Investors Service Inc. and the Standard and Poor's Corp. to Lebanon. Basis for the investment grade rating; Lebanon's credit ratings.
- Qatar. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/22/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p28
Reports on Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's issuance of contrasting outlooks for Qatar's foreign currency ceiling in light of financial difficulties created by low oil prices. Difference of opinion over Qatar's ability to convert revenues generated by its natural gas reserves...