Fitch, Moody's Study Defaults With an Eye to Ultimate Recovery
- Monroe County, N.Y., Downgraded by Fitch. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p6
Reports that the credit rating company Fitch Ratings Inc. has downgraded New York's Monroe County to BBB-plus from A-plus on January 15, 2003. Reference to last downgrade of the county; Downgrade of the county by other credit rating companies Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's...
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p31
Reports on changes in ratings assigned to bonds by various rating providing services in the U.S. as of March 8, 2002. Ratings given to solid waste system revenue bonds issued in New Jersey by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Change in ratings of general obligation bonds issued in Maryland by Moody's...
- Fitch Drops N.J. Ratings Over $5.3 Billion Budget Gap. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/26/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31374, p40
Reports the low general obligation credit ratings of Fitch Ratings for New Jersey. Plan of the state to use tobacco settlement money; Decision of Moody's Investor Service to downgrade the credit ratings of the state; Reassurance of the state for rating agencies.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p31
Reports developments on bonds in the U.S. as of September 2002. Debt rating assigned to Condell Medical Center by Fitch Ratings company; Credit outlook of Moody's Investors Service Inc. for the Minnesota public school districts; Approval of annual hike in property taxes by the Saint Paul school...
- Rating agencies bearish on reinsurance outlook. // Canadian Underwriter;Oct2002, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the outlook of rating agencies Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings on the reinsurance sector in the U.S. as of October 2002. Factors that will affect the growth of the reinsurance sector; Comment from Ted Collins, managing director of property and casualty reinsurance at...
- RATINGS. // Asset Securitization Report;6/17/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p10
Reports the release of the commentary made by Fitch Ratings on the credit ratings conducted by Moody's Investor Service Inc.
- FITCH RATINGS DOWNGRADE WATCH VIEWED AS WARNING. // Mortgage Banking;07/01/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p81
Highlights the downgrade watch issued by Fitch Ratings in U.S. real estate securities. View of the Mortgage Bankers Association of America on the issue; Downgrade watch issued by Moody's Investors Service.
- New CMBS Format Gets More Scrutiny. // National Mortgage News;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p25
Reports that rating agencies Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings have expressed concern on the quality of large loans in so-called fusion deals in the U.S. Combination of the large mortgage loans into commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) conduit deals; Increased rating...
- Pennsylvania Airport Authority Readies First-Ever Transactions. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;4/29/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31624, p1
In its market debut, the Susquehanna Area Regional Airport Authority of Pennsylvania has planned to set the price for 178 million dollar of senior and subordinate airport system revenue bonds which will be sold this week. The subordinate bonds, which will be backed by a pledge of net revenues...