Barcodes are good news for viral marketing
- Set the hook, capture e-mail address and bank the money. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/6/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p15
The article offers advice on marketing through email and suggests that one tailor it to a recipient's interest.
- Be Smart When Sending E-mail To The Masses. Goldsborough, Reid // Public Relations Tactics;Jan2001, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p6
Presents tips on how companies can effectively market their products and services to consumers in the United States using electronic mail systems. Advise against sending bulk e-mails to consumers; Golden rule observed in `e-mail marketing'; Advantages of hiring the services of an `opt-in' bulk...
- Permission to succeed. // San Diego Business Journal;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, pB3
Explains the permission-based electronic mail, a new form of Internet marketing where customers give corporations permission to send them information, updates and special offers over the Web. Two categories of permission-based electronic mail; Eight models under the two categories.
- Power of email marketing is escaping firms. Bowker, Simon // Marketing Week;2/18/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p13
The article reports on a research that found that 29% of the top 100 retails brands in Great Britain have failed to harness the advantages offered by e-mail marketing.
- Opt-out scheme comes into force for e-marketing. // Marketing (00253650);9/7/2000, p4
Focuses on the opt-out system for electronic mail marketing communications in Great Britain. Retention of the Mailing Preference Service (MPS) self-regulation; Impact of the European Union's Distance Selling directive on MPS; Benefits of the Distance Selling regulation to consumers.
- Post-purchase e-mails can unearth greater revenue. McDonald, Loren // Direct Marketing News;11/1/2010, p19
In this article, the author discusses the significance of post-purchase electronic mails in generating promising revenue to companies and marketers.
- Viral marketing continues to spread by 'word of Net'. Nucifora, Alf // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/05/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 18, p42A
Focuses on the growing trend of viral marketing or advertising through electronic mail systems. Advantages of viral marketing over traditional advertising; Various methods of executing viral marketing; Companies that use such methods.
- Can You Learn a New Trick? Frederick, Chris "Chubby" // Motor Age;Feb2012, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p42
The article offers information on the Quick Response (QR) codes, digital marketing and instructional tools introduced by Toyota in 1994 to track parts in vehicle manufacturing. It mentions that the QR technology that can be used to track any information, is usually part of a smartphone...
- Ready, Set, Go … The Response Team Is Ready for 2012. Haire, Thomas // Response;Dec2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses some of the topics for their editorial calendar in 2012 including topics such as product counterfeiting, impact of social media in marketing and the use of QR codes.