From Orgasmic to Virgin -- a study in cases
- FULFILMENT. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;8/12/2004, p36
This article reviews the Web site virginwines.com from Virgin Wines. The site was founded in 2000 and has a large range of wines. It has no technical problems and has excellent navigation. Internet users can browse by wine styles, such as full and fruity reds or crisp and dry whites. There is a...
- What's your tipple? Venes, Robert // New Media Age;8/22/2002, p20
Features Rowan Gormley, chief executive officer of online wine retailer, Virgin Wines. Career background; Origins of Virgin Wines; Outlook on the profitability of the company.
- Direct choice: Virgin Wines. // Marketing (00253650);1/26/2005, p9
The article discusses the business plan of Virgin Wines Online Ltd. Over Christmas, amid the plethora of invitations to stock up on Spanish specials and Californian crackers, was struck by a ore turkey staring out at me from an A4 envelope. A good opener, this reveals a brand with an unusual and...
- Amtrak hits the Xmas booze big time. // Motor Transport;1/6/2005, p3
Reports on an increase in the wine shipments of Amtrak Express Parcels in Great Britain in December 2004. Percentage of deliveries to home addresses; Number of wine bottles that pass through the Amtrak hub each night; Information on Amtrak's contract with Virgin Wines.
- Growth in e-tail. // Marketing Week;9/26/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p35
Focuses on the growth in online spending in Great Britain as of September 2002. Estimated online sales in Great Britain for August 2002; Sales performance of Virgin Wines; Reasons behind the success of pet product retailer's Web site PetPlanet.co.uk.
- VIRTUAL VINTNERS. // New Media Age;4/24/2008, p23
The article discusses how wine retailers are utilizing digital media and digital technology to create customer loyalty and generate sales. Berry Bros. & Rudd has repositioned its Web site as the destination for wine lovers by offering podcasts of wine tasting, interviews with wine producers and...
- Digital Dreams. Underhill, William // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/20/2000, Vol. 118 Issue 6229, p102
Reports on Virgin Wines head Richard Branson's launching of a Web site for the company's wine business. Virgin's goals for the Internet venture; Businesses trading under the Virgin name included in the site; Branson's Internet strategy. INSET: Virgin Territory: Nearly Everywhere..
- AN ONLINE WINE WHINE. // National Liquor News;Aug2010, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p12
The article whines about the increasing number of wine offerings online from wine companies including WineSellers, WineCellars and WineSales that are seen to ignore the fundamentals of online retail.
- Keeping up. Wood, Christina // PCWorld;Dec1997, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p350
Spotlights interesting World Wide Web sites. MapQuest; Virtual Vineyards; Cyberdiet; Description of services offered; Internet address.