The big switch-off: a tale of two utilities
- ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION IN THE FIELD OF CONSUMER ENERGY SERVICES IN THE EU. Petrauskas, Feliksas; Gasiūnaitė, Aida // Jurisprudencija;2013, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p119
Energy services have a particularly significant impact on the daily life and welfare of consumers. The importance of such services is high, and their regulation is also changing both at the EU and Member States level, especially after the adoption of the Third Energy Package1, which is focused...
- SSE/Atlantic: perfect partners. // MarketWatch: Energy;June 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the cost-leadership strategy of Scottish & Southern Energy (SSE). Acquisition of Atlantic Electricity & Gas; Non-increase in its electricity and gas tariffs; Integration of Atlantic's customer base into the existing systems and customer service platforms of SSE.
- PSE Bill-Assistance Program Helps Ease Rising Energy Costs. // Transmission & Distribution World;Nov2005, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p12
This article reports that the Puget Sound Energy (PSE) public utility's Home Energy Lifeline Program will cut the bills of natural gas and electric customers in Washington state. The program is administered by nonprofit organizations in the 11 counties that PSE serves. This represents year-round...
- Marketing the Program to Customers. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jul2002, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p70
Presents tips on how electric utilities can market their programs to business customers. Value of energy information to customers.
- REASONS FOR A NEW CIS. Hobbs, C. D. // Electric Perspectives;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p60
Provides information on the use of customer information systems in the electric utilities industry in the U.S. Benefits of customer information systems; Difference between customer management software and legacy customer information systems; Features of customer information systems. INSET:...
- Retail energy devil in the details. Weigand, Peter // Electric Light & Power;Mar2000, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p21
Commends citizens who fought for their right to benefit from increased competition among electric utilities. Alienation of customers from utilities' knowledge of industries' dependence on energy sources; Bundling of energy into components with varying degrees of costs and benefits; Positive...
- Customers, utilities reap benefits from partnerships. Paterson, Alan // Electric Light & Power;Sep96, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p4
Discusses the benefits of customer partnerships in the utility industries of the United States. Changes in the industry due to deregulation; Basic principles of customer partnerships.
- Customer-centric marketing identifies, helps retain customers. Dikdan, Joe // Electric Light & Power;Jan1998, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p4
Discusses how utilities can apply customer-centric marketing for maximum benefit in retaining and acquiring customers. Concept of customer-centric marketing; Advantages of profiling in the marketing strategy; Understanding the value of customer's relationship with the company; Benefits offered...
- Snapshot of an industry in slow transition. Causey, Warren B. // Energy IT;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p37
Interprets the result of a survey on the use of customer information and customer relationship management systems (CIS/CRM) by electric utilities in the United States. Market share of CIS in the country; Findings on the billing systems of electric utilities.