Local papers' brand appeal
- LOCAL PRESS ADS. // Marketing Week;6/27/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p33
Presents graphs showing data on local press advertising in Great Britain in 2001 and 2002.
- Weekly network in rich N.Y. suburbs. Reina, Laura // Editor & Publisher;11/02/96, Vol. 129 Issue 44, p19
Reports on community newspapers on the East Coast's formation of Observer Network, an advertising network geared to attract national advertisers. Placement of advertisements through one discounted insertion order; Advertising rates; Members papers; Requirements for network eligibility.
- Weekly group offers one-order, one-bill. Reina, Laura // Editor & Publisher;2/24/96, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the one-order, one-bill advertising program offered by the Community Newspaper Co. (CNC). Rollout of program during second quarter of 1995; Purchase of newspapers by CNC parent company Fidelity Capital; Benefits of networking program; Operation as independent entity by CNC.
- With spit and polish, this group's ad sales `shine'. Neuwirth, Robert // Editor & Publisher;06/06/98, Vol. 131 Issue 23, p18
Discusses Community Newspapers Inc.'s gift of a handmade shoeshine box for every new advertising representative who comes to work for them. Description of the box; Reason for the gift; Effect on the recipients; Reaction of the editorial staff.
- Roberts on newspapers. // AdMedia;Oct2000, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p49
Focuses on the reasons why executive, Peter Roberts considers that advertising on community newspapers in New Zealand is more cost-effective. Examples of his successful community paper campaigns; Strategies recommended for community paper advertising.
- How community papers can attract national ads. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;10/03/98, Vol. 131 Issue 40, p31
Explores ways on how community newspapers attract national advertisements in the United States. Sears & Roebuck & Co.'s strategy in advertising on newspapers; Development of relationship between community and national newspapers.
- SNA backs new ad network. Saba, Jennifer // Editor & Publisher;Jul2007, Vol. 140 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the plans by the Suburban Newspapers of America (SNA) to launch a national advertising network in August 2007. SNA President Nancy Lane admits that the metro daily industry is struggling, but believes that community newspapers in most cases are in growth modes....
- Free community newspaper makes debut in Utah. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/9/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p5
Reports on the launch of "The Homesteader," a Massachusetts-based free monthly community newspaper aimed at new homeowners in Utah. Local resident who purchased the licensing rights of the newspaper; Areas in Utah which are targeted by the newspaper; Cost of advertising in the paper.
- Suburban newspaper groups working hard to get more ads. Bever, Marilynn A.; Stibal, Mary E. // Marketing News;7/15/77, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p6
The article highlights the Suburbia '77 meetings that were held in Boston, Massachusetts and sponsored by U.S. Suburban Press Inc. and Suburban Newspapers of America. According to several presentations at the meetings, the suburban press is attracting advertisers intent on penetrating lucrative...