Tonight's main feature -- a two-hour cigarette ad
- The Smoldering Symbiosis: Hollywood, Big Tobacco and the Rise of Product Placement. Fernandez, Laleah; Salmon, Charles // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2009, p1
A Master Settlement Agreement in 1998 made public hundreds of confidential tobacco insider documents. These documents described the use of product placement tactics to influence unsuspecting viewers of films and television programming. This paper reports the first scholarly analysis of these...
- NECESSARY OBJECTS? // Entertainment Weekly;9/3/2004, Issue 781, p21
Presents information on the product placements in several motion pictures released in 2004.
- PRODUCT PLACEMENT IN THE MOVIES: FROM DAWN TILL DUSK? Erenburg, Grigori; Karniouchina, Ekaterina V.; Uslay, Can // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2010, Vol. 21, p348
An abstract of the article "Product Placement in the Movies: From Dawn Till Dusk?," by Grigori Erenburg, Ekaterina V. Karniouchina and Can Uslay is presented.
- DIARY: Rant . // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;8/9/2002, p18
Presents the opinion of the author on product placement strategies adopted by the advertisers and marketers through advertising in motion pictures. Benefits of product placement in motion pictures to advertisers; Evolution in the product placement.
- Consumers' Perceptions of the Ethics and Acceptability of Product Placements in Movies: Product Category and Individual Differences. Gupta, Pola B.; Gould, Stephen J. // Journal of Current Issues & Research in Advertising (CTC Press);Spring97, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p37
Product placement in movies is an important emerging area of marketing and advertising communications, but it also raises controversial ethical issues. In order to investigate these issues from a consumer point of view, this paper reports on an empirical study of 1012 college students and their...
- Critical Crossover. Schwarzbaum, Lisa // Entertainment Weekly;5/27/2005, Issue 821/822, p120
Addresses questions related to the motion picture industry, including the movie that makes best use of its product placement.
- NECESSARY OBJECTS? // Entertainment Weekly;6/25/2004, Issue 771/772, p25
Presents several products that were featured in different motion pictures in the U.S. as of July 2, 2004.
- Sri Lanka: film's big puff for smoking. Meresman, Sergio // Tobacco Control;Jun2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p121
Examines the product placement of cigarettes in movies in Sri Lanka. Promotion of smoking; Smoking as a characteristic of masculinity; Debate generated over a film that promotes smoking.
- HOLLYWOOD THE AD. Miller, Mark Cripin // Atlantic (02769077);Apr90, Vol. 265 Issue 4, p41
Discusses the influence that the techniques and moral vision of television advertising have on American filmmaking. Controversy over subliminal advertising; Prevalence of cinematic product placement during the 1980s; Companies' recognition that movies are an alternative advertising and...