The Joy of Being a Gerson Caregiver
- Professional caring: Homecare workers as fictive kin. Karner, Tracy X. // Journal of Aging Studies;Spring98, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p69
Focuses on the collaboration of both the care recipient and the caregivers to negotiate the social expectations of the appropriateness of family with the economic and situational realities of formal assistance. Methods used; How the introduction of professional homecare workers into a sphere of...
- Paid family caregiving: A practical and ethical conundrum. // Generations;Fall98, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p64
Discusses the ethical and practical issues related to paid family caregiving in the United States. Availability of family members to care for the sick; Significance of paid family caregiving; Requirements for family members in care delivery.
- Caregiving as a Dyadic Process: Perspectives From Caregiver and Receiver. Lyons, Karen S.; Zarit, Steven H.; Sayer, Aline G.; Whitlatch, Carol J. // Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences & Socia;May2002, Vol. 57B Issue 3, p195
Presents the views of the elderly regarding on caregiving dyadic process in the U.S. Impact of the views on the well-being of dyad members; Examination of caregiving dyads; Assessment of dyadic discrepancy over the care recipients needs and difficulties.
- Waiting to exhale. Peluse, Nicole // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/28/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p21
The article discusses the need of home care services and the respite care provided by caregivers.
- Home-health care. Doheny, Kathleenn // DollarSense;Winter95/96, p2
Provides guidelines in finding the right caregiver for a sick family member at home. Comments of Shawn Herz of Los Angeles Caregiver Resource Center; Need to list down duties and tasks required; Visiting Nurse Associations of America; Enlisting the help of private agencies; Hiring a consultant;...
- Home health care hit with staffing shortage. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/21/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p3B
Reports on the increasing staffing shortages in New York and discusses its implications for home health care services in the state. Influence of increased utilization of home care on staff shortage; Impetus to the difficulties in retaining health care staff; Tasks of home care aides.
- How to find a home care provider for your loved one. Keeney, Lisa // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;May/Jun2003, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p110
Offers tips on finding a home care provider for family members. INSET: Be healthy: Eat abnormally.
- How to Care for PARENTS/IN-LAWS Who Did Not Even Go to Your Wedding. Shepard, Jim; Shepard, Karen // O, The Oprah Magazine;Nov2014, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p140
The article presents step-by-step instructions for caregivers to take care of their parents-in-laws who have never been friendly in past.
- Your Survival Kit. ARNOLD-RATLIFF, KATIE // O, The Oprah Magazine;Nov2014, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p144
The article presents a list of essentials that caregivers need to have always while caregiving older family members.