European Court blocks sale of 'fake' Parmesan
- European Court of Justice Grants Protection to Registered Designation of Origin Parmigiano Reggiano. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2008 Q1, p1
The article presents the ruling of the European Court of Justice (ECJ) regarding the case European Commission versus Federal Republic of Germany. The case questions whether the word "Parmesan" is an extension of the registered protected designation of origin (PDO) "Parmigiano Reggiano." The ECJ...
- Parmesan name restricted to 'protect consumers' // Dairy Industries International;Jul2002, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p6
Announces that fake Parmesan cheese produced in Italy is not protected under the European Union's procedure for designations of origin (PDO) rules according to the European Court of Justice. Criteria for cheese to be warrant the Parmesan label; Origin of the name Parmesan; Designation for the...
- No run of the mill upgrade for cheese line. // Food Engineering;Jan2001, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p12
Examines how Dalbo, Minnesota-based parmesan cheese maker Isanti Foods manufactures its fine-grated cheese products. Utilization of a Fitzpatrick FitzMill Comminutor; Combination of cheese from a variety of sources; Employment of a two-step process to mill the cheese; Revision of original...
- Implementing standards: Think global, act local? Schweber, Bill // EDN;9/15/2005, Vol. 50 Issue 19, p12
Comments on an article in the "The Wall Street Journal," which details how a cooperative of manufacturers of Parmesan cheese in northern Italy successfully introduced radio frequency identification (RFID) chips into their operation. Price range of cheese wheels; Reason behind the decision of...
- Courting disaster. Alexander, D.; Sands, P. // New Statesman & Society;12/6/91, Vol. 4 Issue 180, p28
Criticizes the process for appointing justices to the European Court of Justice (ECJ), the European Community's (EC) equivalent of the US Supreme Court. How the manner of selection is shrouded in secrecy; Brief history and overview of the ECJ; Power of the ECJ; Needed reforms in the appointment...
- European Union upholds affirmative action. Cad // Off Our Backs;Dec97, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p5
Presents information on the support of a law in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia, giving preference to women in the public sector by the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg on November 10, 1997, which was released in The New York Times, November 11, 1997. Indepth look at the law.
- The European Court of Justice: Last hope for 1992. Austin, Eugene C. // Brigham Young University Law Review;1990, Vol. 1990 Issue 4, p1631
Analyses the European Court of Justice (Court) and the Single European Act (SEA) of the European Community (EC). Non-compliance of members; Election and functions of European Parliament (Parliament); Functions of the Commission; Functions of the Council of Ministers; Information on the European...
- Offshore fund centre Luxembourg could face EU court. Langston, Rob // Fundweb;11/21/2012, p5
The article reports on the legal action of the European Court of Justice against Luxembourg for failing to notify the European Commission over measure to implement a regulatory directive in the financial services sector.
- Let sleeping dogmas lie. Coleman, J. // New Statesman & Society;10/25/91, Vol. 4 Issue 174, p9
Considers the conflicts within the European Court over the proposed Social Charter. How the Social Charter raises fundamental political issues; Potential impact on Britain's upcoming elections.