PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- Burkin to Join S& Sales Unit. // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 32, p123
Reports on the appointment by Simon & Schuster of Michael Burkin as vice president and director of field sales and distribution client services. Background of Burkin.
- Simon & Schuster Interactive, alive and kicking at age five. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p18
Focuses on book publisher Simon and Schuster's interactive division. Financial performance of Simon and Schuster Interactive for the years 1997 and 1998; Titles of publications of the division.
- New S&S imprint to distribute foreign titles. // Publishers Weekly;4/26/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 17, p12
Reports on book publisher Simon and Schuster's establishment of its new imprint Simon and Schuster International. Company's plan to distribute books from its British and Australian operations under the imprint.
- Penguin, RH, S&S See Some Sales Gains. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/22/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 51, p5
The article reports on the modest expectations of executives at Pearson, Random House and Simon & Schuster for the consumer book market in 2003 and 2004. Pearson chief executive Marjorie Scardino said she expects underlying sales to rise just 1% to 2% for the Penguin Group in 2003. In his annual...
- Atria to Publish the Book on Cool. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p5
Reports on Atria Books' plan to publish a book on what is cool. Topics to be discussed on the book; Target readers for the book.
- International news. // Book Publishing Report;11/15/99, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p8
Reports on news in the international book industry recent to November 15, 1999. Increase in revenue sales of Book People; Appointment of Angelo Loukakis by Simon & Schuster Australia as publishing director.
- Simon & Schuster will skip 1997 ABA convention. Milliott, Jim; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;7/29/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the decision by executives of Simon & Schuster not to attend the American Booksellers Association (ABA) 1997 convention in Chicago, Illinois. Business realities behind decision; Regional shows' impact on how company sells its books; ABA's comment on Simon's plan not to attend;...
- New director brings balance to U of C's publishing unit. Knapp, Kevin // Crain's Chicago Business;06/26/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p12
Focuses on Paula Barker, publisher of Simon & Schuster Inc.'s Free Press division. Reputation for keeping a balance between authors with different political beliefs; Egalitarian mind-set that she will bring in managing the firm; Educational background.
- Peterson ankles Random for S&S kids pub division. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;07/28/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 38, p30
Reports on Kristina Peterson's appointment as head of children's publishing division of Simon and Schuster as of July 28, 2000. Career background.