Roberts Rules, But Top Ranks Of Bestselling Authors Mostly A Boys Club In First Half Of 2002
- How They Landed On Top. Maryles, Daisy; Riippa, Laurele // Publishers Weekly;3/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 12, p31
Looks at how authors of best-selling books made it to the top. Authors of several bestsellers from 1990 to 2000; Trends in writing; Factors that lead to the marketing success of nonfiction books; List of bestsellers in 2000.
- Children's Series Authors Wielding More Influence. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2010, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the performance of children's book authors in the "New York Times" and "USA Today" bestsellers lists in the U.S. It states that 195 children's authors made it to the lists between July 2009 and June 2010. According to the analysis, the top 10 authors in the 2009-2010...
- How to Rig a Bestseller. // Publishers Weekly;10/3/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 39, p78
This article gives advice to an author to make his book a bestseller. The first week the book goes on sale, have employees across the country buy the 25,000 copies at their local chain or independent bookstores. Buying so many books in such a short time should get the author on some of the niche...
- End of the English (British?) Empire? Or Something Else? Kovač, Miha; Wischenbart, Rüdiger // Publishing Research Quarterly;Jun2009, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p118
The paper analyzes best-seller lists in seven major European book markets between April 2008 and March 2009. The paper's authors introduce the concept of an impact factor for best-selling authors that shows how influential an author is in a given market and across the analyzed markets overall....
- Bestseller Survey. // Quill & Quire;Mar1997, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p86
Presents lists of the best-selling books in Canada in January 1997, as compiled by the publications 'Globe and Mail,' 'Maclean's,' and Montreal's 'The Gazette.' Top five fiction books of each publication; Top five non-fiction books.
- FAT 'CHANCE'. // Entertainment Weekly;5/23/2003, Issue 711, p83
Presents charts of best-selling books in the U.S. as of May 23, 2003, including the fiction book 'No Second Chance,' by Harlan Coben.
- LONGEST RUNNING NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLERS . // Book Publishing Report;7/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p4
Presents lists of the longest running New York Times bestsellers from January to June 2002. Hardcover fiction; Paperback fiction; Hardcover nonfiction; Paperback nonfiction; Children's paperback; Children's chapter; Children's picture; Advice, how-to.
- Best Sellers. // Time;4/6/1981, Vol. 117 Issue 14, p92
The article lists the top selling books including "Richard Simmon's Never-Say-Diet Book," by Richard Simmons, "William E. Donoghue's Complete Money Market Guide," by William E. Donoghue and Tilling, and "Brain," by Cook.
- Bestseller Survey. // Quill & Quire;Jan1998, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p42
Presents lists of the best-selling books in Canada for the month of November 1997, as compiled by the publications 'The Globe and Mail,' 'Maclean's' and 'Montreal Gazette.' Best-selling fiction books; Best-selling non-fiction books.