The Merco: A Common Currency for Mercosur and Latin America
- Time series analysis for the interest rates relationships among China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan money markets. Nieh, Chien-Chung; Yau, Hwey-Yun // Journal of Asian Economics;Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p171
This paper aims at investigating the regional financial integration of Chinese economic area (CEA), embracing Taiwan, Hong Kong and China after the Asian Financial Crisis. We empirically find that, in the long-run, the money markets of Taiwan, Hong Kong and China have to be mutually linked in...
- Editor's Introduction. Seccareccia, Mario // International Journal of Political Economy;Summer2004, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p3
The article presents various reports on the European economic and monetary union published within the issue.
- Convergence and Its Implications for a Common Currency in ASEAN. Bunyaratavej, Kraiwanee; Hahn, Eugene D. // ASEAN Economic Bulletin;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p49
Presents a study which examined the issue of economic convergence and monetary union in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). Historical background on the ASEAN; Differences in income among ASEAN countries; Discussion of economic convergence among ASEAN countries.
- Back to the drawing board for the currency union visionaries. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/1/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 22, p56
The author focuses on issues concerning the economic sectors in the Middle East. He says that Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC) bankers still maintain that currency union will go ahead in 2010. He asserts that uncertainty is now driving the region's currency markets. He...
- Presidential Hopes. Loza, Tihomir // Transitions Online;10/8/2007, p6
The author reflects on the transfer of European Union (EU) presidency to Slovenia on January 1, 2008, becoming the first member of the EU admitted in the 21st century to hold the office. He says that Slovenia's presidential aim comes at an important juncture for the Balkans. He points out that...
- Rush Hour for Visa Applicants. Canek, Marek // Transitions Online;10/8/2007, p7
The article focuses on the entry of Poland and the Czech Republic into the Schengen area. The expansion of the Schengen zone on January 1, 2008 will erase the current border checkpoints between eastern and western European Union states. Consular officials say the visa process is going to be more...
- A Watered-Down EEU. Keay, Justin // Global Finance;Nov2014, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on issues regarding the establishment of the Eurasian Economic Union in January 2015.
- 7. REFERENCES. Kisgergely, Kornél; Szombati, Anikó // MNB Occasional Papers;Sep2014, Issue 115, p21
The article lists the website links for banks which includes one for the non-euro area, the other on the economic and monetary union and the third on single resolution fund and amending regulation (EU).
- EMU Accession. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p21
Reports on the significance of the 1999 state budget to Greece's accession to Economic and Monetary Union (EMU). Stand of National Economy and Finance Minister Yiannos Papantoniou; How the 1999 budget is characterized.