Mergers and Acquisitions as the New Growth Strategy: A Case Study of the Wholesale Alcohol Industry
- Mergger Of 4 Wholesale Agency Firms Creates New Major Operation, American Wholesale Insurance Group. // Insurance Advocate;6/10/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 22, p36
Reports the merger of several wholesale agency firms in the U.S. on June 1, 2002, such as Americana Financial Services Inc.
- Pass the Courvoisier. Redman, Christopher // Fortune;11/28/2005, Vol. 152 Issue 11, p264
The article focuses on the acquisition of cognac maker Courvoisier by Fortune Brands, a conglomerate corporation. The article describes the production process for vodka. Vodka is cheap to produce, yet commands a high price. In comparison, cognac is not easy to produce.
- Editor's Viewpoint - India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market. Wehring, Olly // Aroq - Just-Drinks.com (Global News);7/5/2014, p8
The author shares his views about the acquisition of United Spirits by Diageo. He declares that this achievement cost the company way more than it initially expected. He believes the complexity of the transaction which triggered a mandatory tender offer (MTO) helps explain the disparity between...
- just on Call - Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO. Wilmore, James // Aroq - Just-Drinks.com (Global News);10/25/2014, p7
The article reports on the merger and acquisition activities of Dutch brewing company, Heineken International, in 2014. Rene Hooft Graafland, chief financial officer (CFO) of the brewing company, describes the acquisition approach of the company. Topics discussed include the reason of the...
- US: Pabst Brewing Co plays down new owner's Russia links. Wilmore, James // Aroq - Just-Drinks.com (Global News);9/26/2014, p1
The article focuses on acquisition of Los Angeles, California-based Pabst Brewing Co. (PBC) by Russia-based Oasis Beverages in partnership with in partnership with private equity firm TSG Consumer Partners as of September 2014. It also presents views of Oasis' chairman Eugene Kashper related to...
- Comment - Pabst Brewing Co Goes on PR Offensive Over Russian Rumpus. Wilmore, James // Aroq - Just-Drinks.com (Global News);9/26/2014, p1
The author reflects on the issue of acquisition of the U.S.-based brewer Pabst Brewing Co. by Russia-based Oasis Beverages in partnership with Private equity group TSG Consumer Partners as of September 2014. he reflects on outrage related to in media related to the acquisition of a U.S.-based...
- THE TOP 200. Lucy, Jim // Electrical Wholesaling;Jun2003, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the trends in the electrical wholesaling industry in the U.S. Industrial consolidation; Total number of distributors of electrical supplies; Response rate from the companies.
- Solutions. // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/22/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 43, pSR20
Presents views of executives on solutions for the problems faced by the publishing industry in the U.S. Consolidation of operations; Creation of an incentive for wholesalers to serve areas profitably; List of possible solutions to the solvency issue of wholesalers.
- Analysis - Buying British: Foreign Interest in the UK Drinks Market. Majumdar, Vasu // Aroq - Just-Drinks.com (Global News);4/25/2014, p11
The article discusses the interest of foreign investors on the drinks industry in Great Britain. The author states that mergers and acquisitions activity in the British food and beverage industry has been on the top after an increase in deal volumes for two quarters. Other topics include an...