e-Commerce Strategies for Business-to-Business Service Firms in the Global Environment
- Th@tbank.com. Nuccio, Sal // Equities;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p62
Reports the management plan of transforming firstname.lastname@example.org into a diversified financial services provider in Vancouver, British Columbia. Use of the Internet to deliver interrelated merchant and consumer services; Background on the credit-card transaction processing capability of the company;...
- Knowledge based Destination Management Systems. Belbaly, Nassim; Passiante, Giuseppina; Benbya, Hind // Information & Communication Technologies in Tourism 2004: Procee;2004, p337
In the emerging new economy, tourism firms are trying to adapt to situations of rapid and unpredictable change. This continuous mutation of the tourism market has drawn the conceptualization of new types of Destination Management Systems (DMS) based not anymore on business models but on...
- Content Unchained. Pack, Thomas // EContent;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p32
Deals with the significance of demand-driven value chains to the Internet industry. Emergence of nontraditional business models through the complexity of the Web; Effects of syndication; Electronic commerce enhancements; Implications of partnerships for Web-based businesses.
- Strategy is the key to e-business success. Goldblatt, Dan // Business News New Jersey;01/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, pS2
Identifies the steps necessary for establishing electronic business. Knowledge about electronic business; Web presence of a company; Remote access to salespeople; Understanding of the customers' needs and concerns; Implementation costs.
- E-Business Pay Issues For Directors. Semler, Richard; Jones, Blair // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 21 Issue 123, p19
Focuses on issues faced by traditional companies creating electronic business. Importance of an employee value proposition in attracting and retaining electronic business talents; Analysis on talent and shareholder trade-offs; Need for the directors to rapidly come up with different business...
- Scaling Your E-BUSINESS. Menasce, Daniel; Almeida, Virgilio // Software Magazine;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p42
Discusses capacity planning approach in scaling up a business in electronic commerce. Nature of capacity planning; Advantages of capacity planning; Requirements for reliable electronic business; Reference model for electronic business planning; Information on the multitier architecture of...
- Address cost before launching e-business. Auer, Tonie // Fort Worth Business Press;06/09/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p3A
Encourages businesses to plan ahead and consider cost before venturing into electronic commerce. Suggestion for business owners to create a pilot site to gage interest and activity and use tools like online surveys to gather information; Range of expenses associated with setting up business Web...
- E-commerce: Move quickly! // Practical Accountant;Oct99, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p30
Reports on the business strategies of companies engaged in electronic commerce in the United States. Pioneers' domination and capture of market share; Disruption of established markets and market penetration by new businesses; Obstacles to the development of e-commerce strategies.
- After the goldrush: deconstructing the myths of the dot.com market. Howcroft, Debra // Journal of Information Technology (Routledge, Ltd.);Dec2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p195
Many would claim that the development of electronic commerce is reshaping almost all industries, even to the extent that we are undergoing a paradigm shift. This enthusiasm represents a speculative bubble, what economists would describe as 'mania', as we witness increasing numbers of firms...