The Contingent Workforce: Challenges and New Directions
- Jobs frenzy intensifies. // Accountancy;Nov2004, Vol. 134 Issue 1335, p121
Stresses the claim of a Deloitte report that there is an increase in recruitment consultancies' permanent staff placements and temporary staff billings in Great Britain in September 2004. Rate of increase in people placed in permanent positions; Result of the shortage of labor supply.
- How Temporary is Temporary Employment in Spain? Alba-Ramirez, Alfonso // Journal of Labor Research;Fall98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p695
Explores the extent to which workers in Spain, holding fixed-term employment contracts, tend to be trapped in temporary employment relationships. The analysis of files from the Spanish Active Population Survey (EPA) to find transitions from temporary to permanent employment; The use of a...
- The extent and nature of temporary employment in Britain. Casey, Bernard // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Dec88, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p487
Investigates the extent and nature of temporary employment in Great Britain. Categories of temporary workers; Characteristics of the temporary labor force; Reasons behind temporary employment.
- Business gives in to temptation. Boroughs, Don L. // U.S. News & World Report;7/4/94, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p56
Reports that just as temporary staffing has worked its way into the heart of corporate workforce strategy, Manpower Inc. has worked its way into the title of Largest Employer in the United States. In 1993, 640,000 Americans drew a paycheck from the Milwaukee-based temporary-services company. ...
- Personnel industry continues healthy growth. Bucher, Mark // Franchising World;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p51
Deals with the growth of personnel industry in the United States. Factors that helped 1997 to be a strong year for the temporary help/personnel industry; Risk in temporary and permanent personnel industry; Trends that will affect the industry in 1998; Another component of strength of temporary...
- Workforce. Buchan, James // Nursing Standard;4/3/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p28
James Buchan explains why some trusts are upping expenditure on temporary staff.
- Blog Banter. Hertzberg, Robert // Baseline;Jun2007, Issue 73, p12
The article offers some readers' responses to the question of the efficiency of contracting jobs. Doug Berg noted that information technology consulting events are on the rise. According to HotGigs' information technology demand report, ERP professionals are the highest demand, with SAP skills...
- DOWNWARD TREND IN SHIFT DEMAND REVERSES SHARPLY IN ACUTE TRUSTS. // Operating Theatre Journal;Jan2012, Issue 256, p6
The article offers information on NHS Professionals quarterly report according to which the National Trends shows bank shift demand in England which fell steadily from 2009 to June 2011.
- Preparing to re-enter the workforce. McIntyre, Marlene; Bruce, Calvin // LocumLife;Oct2008, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p6
The article offers information on how physicians who have been out of circulation can prepare to re-enter the workforce as locum tenens providers. It is suggested to gather the necessary paperwork to complete the credentialing or re-credentialing process. As well, it is suggested to adhere to...