Cascading Negative Market Signals: A Case History
- 2006 results exceed expectations. Hughes, Frances // Fund Strategy;1/8/2007, p17
The article evaluates the predictions made by the Adviser Fund Index panelists about the performance of the stock market in Great Britain in 2006. Majority of panelists correctly predict the rise of FTSE 100 to above 6000 by the end of the year. They were able to forecast the ability of the...
- Tech Talk: MACD makes the difference. Wyckoff, Jim // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar2005, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on certain technical indicators significant in providing hints to a major change in trend and provide longer-term technical clues in the stock market in the U.S. Features of the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD); Difference between a fast exponential moving average and the...
- Corporate governance and the information environment: Evidence from Chinese stock markets. Haß, Lars Helge; Vergauwe, Skrålan; Zhang, Qiyu // International Review of Financial Analysis;Dec2014, Vol. 36, p106
This article explores the relationship between corporate governance and the information environment in Chinese stock markets. We construct a parsimonious governance measure for public firms using a 2003 through 2011 sample period. We use four indicators to proxy for the information environment:...
- Macroeconomic Influences on the Stock Market. Hondroyiannis, George; Papapetrou, Evangelia // Journal of Economics & Finance;Spring2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p33
Focuses on the study that described dynamic interactions among indicators of economic activity to examine whether economic activity movements affect the performance of the stock market for Greece. Methodological issues and data; Empirical results; Conclusion.
- A year of records and rebuffs. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;12/29/97, Vol. 90 Issue 23, pB6
Looks at the performance of the Dow Jones Industrial Average in 1997. Predictions about pre-tax profit for investment houses for the year; The decline of Asian markets beginning in July; The view that large-company stocks, value stocks and silver were among the big winners in 1997; The listing...
- The economy & markets: Trading the relationship. Ruggiero Jr., Murray A. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr2001, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p60
Discusses the importance of exploiting the connection between economic indicators and stock markets. Strategies to understand the dynamics between the economy and the markets; Factors to consider in grasping the order of influence.
- Indicators. // Business Mexico;Special Edition 1995, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p92
Presents indicators for Mexico's stock market. Includes capital investment; Production; Foreign trade; Money indicators; Inflation.
- Refrigerated-trailer order bolsters Wabash National. Peterson, Pete // Indianapolis Business Journal;05/04/98, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p37A
Looks at the performance of the stock market in Indianapolis, Indiana. Downward trend in stock market aborted after release of economic indicators; Argument against worries about economic strength and direction of interest rates; Boom in orders for refrigerated trailers of Wabash National Corp....
- As goes January... Simons, Howard L. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan1999, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p40
Describes a technical indicator of stock market performance. Accuracy of stock forecasts; Correlation of the market's weekly performance to its annual outcome; Calculation of spot prices; Peaks in the stock market; Principles behind the technical indicator.