Consumer Involvement with Personal Computer Technology: A Multi-Sample Analysis
- Thoughts on the New Millennium. Jones, Quincy // Black Collegian;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p134
Offers thoughts in dealing with the information age in the 21st century. Importance of having a personal computer (PC) in the information age; Implications of the information age on world history; Dynamics of the information age.
- Computers on the move need to be handled with special care. Wirszcyz, Rob // Management Today;May98, p93
Presents information relating to information technology, whilst focusing on how to protect your personal computer (PC) notebooks. Reference to the theft of a notebook computer during the Gulf War; Comparison of notebook PC to powered desktop PC; Who these notebook PC are generally used by.
- When There's a Need for Speed. Goldsborough, Reid // Black Issues in Higher Education;12/20/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p40
Observes that the biggest personal computer (PC) speed bottleneck for the past several years has not been central processing unit speed but modern speed, a bottleneck that will not disappear until high-speed Internet access becomes universally available. Importance of simplicity of Web sites;...
- pc monitor. Crawford, Walt // Online;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p72
Discusses issues related to personal computing for the year ending June 2000. Improvement in hard disk capacity per dollar; Why notebooks always lag behind desktops in speed; Conclusion.
- Who's in charge? The battle goes on. Machrone, Bill // PC Week;8/26/96, Vol. 13 Issue 34, p57
Focuses on the issue related to the use of personal computers in information technology (IT) departments. Comments on non-company-sanctioned activities; Need for less-work-intensive situation in IT departments.
- Traveling, Apple's LISA, Public Micros. Mason, Robert M. // Library Journal;6/15/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p1235
Comments on the management of information technology. Public access of microcomputers; Office automation; Emphasis on the used computer market.
- Categorizing consumer behavioral responses and artifact design features: The case of online advertising. Tang, Jian; Zhang, Ping; Wu, Philip // Information Systems Frontiers;Jun2015, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p513
Many consumers encounter and interact with digital artifacts and services on a daily basis, either willingly or unwillingly. This paper conceptualizes consumer online behaviors into more refined categories in the context of online advertising. Behaviors can be differentiated by their directions...
- Geek chic for non-geeks. MacDonald, Max // Fab;11/12/2008, Issue 359, p26
The article discusses ways on how individuals can decide what type of computer they need to buy. According to the author, they should examine themselves about their lifestyle and needs to determine whether a desktop or a laptop is appropriate for them. He suggests that they need to consult their...
- Business PCs, cheap as chips. schofield, jack // Computer Weekly;9/12/2002, p34
Analyzes the impact of competition in Great Britain's processor market on the cost of business-capable personal computers. Estimated cost of business compatible personal computers; System configuration of the low cost machines; Functionalities provided by machines fitted with Intel Pentium 4...
- Greetings from Mars, or maybe your future. Seymour, Jim // PC Week;3/20/95, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p36
Focuses on readers' response to the author's contention that information technology buyers' are more interested on 486s computers rather that migrating their base of installed PCs to Pentium-level CPUs. Price difference; Identification of advantages of 486s over Pentium PCs and vice versa.