- Engineered wood creates new hardware & assembly options. // Wood & Wood Products;Feb93, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p78
Presents the benefits provided by engineered wood products to furniture manufacturers. Early problems of materials in manufacturing wood furniture; Attraction of the interest of furniture and cabinet due to improved wood products; Evolution of a system of furniture manufacturing; Increase in...
- Day shift. Shalan, Judy // Cabinet Maker;10/30/98, Issue 5112, p14
Focuses on the increasing popularity of specialist bed in Great Britain. Growth of the market for adjustable beds; Innovative features of electric adjustable beds; Factors contributing to the attractiveness of the product for consumers; Price range of the specialist bed.
- In praise of technology and those who make it happen. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;9/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p58
Looks into the significance of computer technology to the operations of furniture companies. Description of the structure of notebook computer; Replacement of old computers with the upgraded and high technology computers; Usability of the technology.
- The benefits of timely topics and networking. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;2/18/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p30
Focuses on the author's account of his participation in the Furniture/Today Leadership Conference held in Key Biscayne, Florida as of February 18, 2002. Topic discussed in the conference; Facilities available in the furniture market of High Point, North Carolina; Role of technological...
- New furniture retailer touts technology as a selling tool. Burton, Terri // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/10/95, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p9
Reports on furniture retailer RoweShowPlace's video cataloguing concept that offers low-risk shopping through computer technology. Features of technology; Improvement of customer services with technology; Use of computers as a selling tool; Popularity of computer technology for furniture stores.
- What to expect in CNC machining centers at IWF '96. Rezabek, Jay // Wood & Wood Products;Jul96, Vol. 101 Issue 8, p151
Reports on the display of CNC machining center technology systems at the 1996 International Woodworking Machinery & Furniture Supply Fair in Atlanta, Georgia. Improvements and updates to machine features; Technological advancements in machining software and controls; Comments of respondents...
- Imperial Woodworking Commands Its Own Destiny. Koenig, Karen M. // Wood & Wood Products;Sep2003, Vol. 108 Issue 10, p55
Features the architectural woodworking company Imperial Woodworking in the U.S. Evolution of the company; Subsidiaries of the company; Performance of the company; Reputation of the company in the industry; Works of the company; Technological innovations done in the company. INSET: Rise of a...
- Rewarding websites that click with users. // Cabinet Maker;11/30/2001, Issue 5265, p9
Reports on the inclusion of the Internet Award in the Furniture Award 2002. Reference to the recognition of the role of the Internet in business; Details on the criteria; Sponsor of the award.
- Tech Takes Its Place at Neocon. Freund, Bernadette // Wood & Wood Products;Aug2003, Vol. 108 Issue 9, p41
Reports on the use of integrated technology and wire management into the furniture system display at the Chicago Merchandise Mart held on June 9â€“11, 2003 in Illinois. Emphasis on concealing wires and technology and making workspace more efficient and organized; Provision of fold-down...