Brief highs succumb to general lows
- HoF gains wiped out as duo sells stakes. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;9/17/2004, Issue 5406, p6
Reports on the business performances of companies related to furniture industry in Great Britain as of September 2004. Sale performance of House of Fraser PLC; Profits of Marks & Spencer Home; Business failure of MFI Furniture Group PLC.
- Figures season sends shares to the extremes. // Cabinet Maker;10/1/2004, Issue 5408, p6
The article presents share updates of the furniture industry. Renewed takeover speculation and simultaneous exit of two directors failed to prevent the shares of MFI Furniture Group PLC from crashing. Shares of Next PLC registered hike, while shares of House of Fraser PLC set a new high before...
- MFI backs The Sleep Council. // Cabinet Maker;08/13/99, Issue 5150, p2
Highlights The Sleep Council's recruitment of the MFI Furniture Group to boost its marketing activity.
- MFI sales up by 10%. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2000, Issue 5214, p4
Cites the sales increase posted by furniture retail chain MFI in the 44 weeks ended November 4, 2000.
- MFI chases 13% growth target. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2003, Issue 5343, p4
Reports on the expected growth of furniture manufacturer MFI. Predicted increase in retail sales; Main driver to the company's continued growth.
- Bid speculation lifts MFI despite dissatisfaction. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;04/17/98, Issue 5084, p6
Provides an update on the bid speculation for MFI. Factors that influenced bid speculations for MFI; Overview on the stock performance of other furniture manufacturing companies in Great Britain.
- MFI glows with style after a hot winter sale. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2003, Issue 5329, p3
Reports on the sales performance of furniture firm MFI Furniture in Great Britain. Percentage of increase in sales; Dining and bedroom lines of MFI; Sales of Sofa Workshop.
- The warning signs for MFI. // Cabinet Maker;10/14/2005, Issue 5460, p6
Presents a chart depicting the effect of MFI Furniture Group PLC's fourth profits in Great Britain.
- Letters. Maskrey, Robert // Cabinet Maker;10/14/2005, Issue 5460, p8
Presents several letters to the editor regarding issues in the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain. "Howdens Success is Linked to MFI Distress," which focuses on the financial performance of MFI Furniture Group PLC; "Looking After Staff," which discusses the importance of presenting...