Nine months suspended sentence for Nethercott
- Damages sought. // Cabinet Maker;08/27/99, Issue 5152, p4
Discusses the damage claims sought by Allied Carpets from its former marketing director Ray Nethercott.
- Sales errors cost Allied ...3m. // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p5
Reports on the cost to bed and carpet retailer Allied Carpets from errors in accounting sales for the year to June 27, 1998. Reflection of completed results in the company's accounts as an exceptional charge to be released by August 28, 1998.
- French opt for continuity. // Cabinet Maker;11/5/99, Issue 5162, p5
Focuses on the decision of owner Tapis Saint-Maclou to continue the operations of Allied Carpets in France. Effect of the resignation of company officers; Appointment of Julian Lee as finance director.
- Allied Carpets to test mezzanines. // Cabinet Maker;02/23/2001, Issue 5226, p3
Reports the plan of Allied Carpets to test a mezzanine store format in England.
- Allied suspends shares as sales policy breaks down. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/17/98, Issue 5097, p2
Reports on Allied Carpets's investigation of its sales policy after admitting that its normal procedure of recognizing sales upon delivery had broke down. Expected amount of the sales misattribution; Suspension of the stock market shares.
- Property is key to carpet deal. Danby, Sandra // Cabinet Maker;11/20/98, Issue 5115, p1
Opinion. Focuses on the swap deal between Carpetright and Allied Carpets in the carpet industry in Great Britain. Review of the future of bed sales in Allied's remaining stores; Companies' consideration of beds in the new stores' line-up; Deal signifying the importance of retail property.
- Allied Carpets reviews in U.K. // Adweek Western Edition;12/5/94, Vol. 44 Issue 49, p20
Reports on the advertising agency review of Allied Carpets for its account in Great Britain.
- Allied strikes back as bidders begin talks. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;08/27/99, Issue 5152, p4
Discusses the sales performance and takeover approaches received by bed and carpet group Allied Carpets.
- Seven-year ban for ex-Allied Carpets md. // Cabinet Maker;11/16/2001, Issue 5263, p6
Reports the disqualification of former Allied Carpets' marketing director Ray Nethercott as company director in Great Britain. Decision of the court to disqualify Nethercott; Violation of Nethercott in accounting policy; Denial of Nethercott on its involvement to the violation of the company law.