Bookkeeper practised forging signatures
- Undercover in Stirling. // Cabinet Maker;11/19/2004, Issue 5415, p13
Assesses the quality of customer service of a number of furniture retailers in Stirling, Scotland. Range of products available at Bensons Beds; Design of the delivery system at Linda Reid Furnishings; Knowledgeability of the salespeople of DP Furniture Express on their products. INSET: Who gets...
- New guide on embezzlement control. // Internal Auditor;Aug94, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p9
Reports that embezzlers steal $4-$6 billion a year from their employers according to a report entitled `How to Detect Embezzlement' by Jack Bologna. Embezzlement as a product of motive and opportunity; Topics covered by the report; Contact information for obtaining a copy of the report.
- Embezzlement. Perry, Phillip // Pest Control;Nov95, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p38
Presents tips on how to prevent employee embezzlement. Establishment of security procedures; Division and rotation of responsibility for handling of checks; Development of a three-way check and balance system. INSETS: Spotting the potential embezzler.;Encourage reports.;Plan ahead.;Good...
- Managing betrayal: A case study of employee dishonesty. Smith, John // Association Management;May97, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p63
Focuses on the problem of embezzlement, through the presentation of a case study of an embezzlement scheme by a staff member in a nonprofit organization in the United States. Initial response of the company after it became aware of the theft; Identifying the extent of the loss and determining...
- Official executed. // South Asian Post;4/1/2010, p18
The article reports that a public housing official from the central province of Hunan, China was executed after being convicted of embezzling 18 million U.S. dollars.
- Their cheatin' hearts: Signs of embezzlement. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/10/95, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p15
Advises entrepreneurs on the avoidance of embezzlement losses in the United States. Awareness of changes in an employee's lifestyle; Spreading of financial duties; Screening of applicants.
- NEWS IN BRIEF: TEXAS. // Advocate;7/19/88, Issue 503, p22
Reports that the People With Aids Coalition of Dallas has agreed to repay the amount donated by a man convicted of embezzling the funds from the First Texas Savings and Loan Association.
- On the take. // Entrepreneur;Mar1998, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p13
Gives the reason an ex-embezzler stole from a former employer. Estimated amount of money which was stolen.
- TUNISIA-REGIME. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);3/14/2011, Vol. 196 Issue 5051, p11
The article reports on the detention of three senior officials who were close to ousted Tunisian President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali due to alleged embezzlement and abuse of power, which includes Abdelaziz bin Dhi, Abdelwahhab Abdalla and Abdallah Qallal.