THE TRADING FLOOR
- Special fund approved for disabled Texans. // American Rehabilitation;Winter90, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on the Comprehensive Medical Rehabilitation Trust Fund which was signed into law by Governor Ann Richards and administered by Texas Rehabilitation Commission (TRC). Sponsors of the bill; Functions of the bill; Revenue estimated by the conservative; Expectation of TRC to the trust fund. ...
- Acting as a trustee can cost heavily according to recent U.S. court ruling. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/24/94 - 1/31/94, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p16
Discusses the financial responsibilities of acting as a trustee of an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP). Case of Valley National Bank in Phoenix; Need for trustees to have an independent business valuation firm review the company's financial statements prior to purchase of the shares.
- Control of trust-held companies by trustees. Becker, Frank T. // Journal of Corporation Law;Fall93, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p41
Discusses the approaches providing fiduciaries clearer guidance in the context of trustees' control of trusts. Management as resulting from the trustee's ability to control stock; Application of fiduciary standard to control; Creation of dual responsibility levels when a trustee assumes a...
- 6 commit $24 million to MEPT fund. // Pensions & Investments;8/22/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p43
Reports the increase in net asset value of the Multi-Employer Property Trust due to the $24 million combined commitment of six pension funds. Funds that made new commitments to the MEPT for the year; Reflection of the conviction of pension plans on equity real estate as an asset class; Dramatic...
- Flip unitrusts permitted by proposed regs. Underwood, J. Gary // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/6/98, Vol. 102 Issue 27, p19
Details the proposed regulations on flip unitrusts issued in the United States. Support of the US Internal Revenue Service to the proposal; Background on unitrusts; Characteristics of a flip unitrust.
- SIFE playing it safe in case of selloff. Kaplan, Daniel // American Banker;7/11/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 131, p22
Reports on the SIFE Trust Fund's increase of its cash position. Preparation for a possible selloff of bank stocks in 1995; Lessons learned from the bear market in banks in the second half of 1994; Plans to lower standards for investments; Opinion of industry observers about the fund's strategy.
- Rush to convert trusts to funds creates traffic jam. Hensley, Scott // American Banker;9/11/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 174, p11
Reports on bankers' eagerness to infuse their proprietary funds with common trust assets in light of tax-free common trust conversions that have become law. Increase in requests to banks to schedule the conversions; Bankers' scurrying to reserve scarce time slots to process transactions.
- Trust officer napping? You're in big trouble. Nadler, Paul // American Banker;10/22/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 203, p7
Presents to tips to banks in the United States on how to deal with their trust assets and trust officers. Career growth of Joe McElroy, who ended up as head of trust at Manufacturers Hanover Trust; Need to watch against fraud, dishonesty and incompetence; Need to refer to the `Comptroller's...
- Trust relationships driven by estate planning advisers. King, Carole // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 20, p27
Reports the findings of two surveys conducted by Prince & Associates regarding the needs and concerns of the wealthy regarding the selection of a trustee. Propensity to follow adviser recommendations in selecting a trustee when performing estate planning; Type of trustee selected; Criteria for...