Texas PSF Nears Debt Capacity, Costing Schools Dearly
- Detroit District Sets Deal. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;2/28/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33473, p1
The article offers information that the Detroit Public Schools is planning to enter the market with 231 million dollars after winning the approval from a bond insurer.
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;10/19/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33201, p2
Corrections to articles on municipal bond insurance published on October 16, 2009 and one on Alabama Public School and College Authority's selling of revenue bonds issued on October 15, 2009 are presented.
- You Think Volume Jumped? Check Out Bond Insurance's Great Leap Forward. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p29
Examines the penetration of bond insurance in the U.S. primary market, as of February 19, 2002. Total volume of insured, long-term bonds issued in 2001; Factors responsible for increase in insurance penetration; Percentage increase in bond insurance in the general-purpose sector; Rationale...
- 2002 Marks High Point Of Issuance. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/2/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31544, p1
Analyzes the U.S. bond insurance business for the year 2002. Issuance of bonds in municipal markets; Bond sales as of December 2002; Percentage changes in different sectors of the economy.
- Insurance luring a new class of investors to a more homogenized market. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;12/11/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30290, p8
Reports that according to Richard Moynihan, head of tax-exempt fixed-income investments at Dreyfus Corporation, bond insurance is ushering in an era of homogenization in the industry. Reference to a press briefing held on December 09, 1997; What enhanced bond issues have produced; Effect of...
- There's Still a Market for Bond Insurance, Executives Insist. MCGEE, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;11/3/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33610, p6
The article reports on the condition of the bond insurance market in the U.S., wherein bond insurance has reached 12.2 billion dollars in the first 10 months of 2011.
- Top Bond Insurers: First 9 Months 2003. // Bond Buyer;10/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31735, p2
Lists the top bond insurers for the first nine months of 2003 in the U.S.
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;7/11/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32668, p2
A correction to the article about the incorrect information on bond industry insurance that was published in June 29, 2007, is presented.
- The Bond-Insurance Mess. // Time International (Atlantic Edition);3/3/2008, Vol. 171 Issue 9, p8
This article offers information on bond-insurance issues being faced in the U.S. and how the problems are spreading from bond insurers to communities. Issues related to housing, mortgage defaults, and municipal downgrades are discussed. The article also briefly reports on the possibility of...