Debt Panel Needs More Time for TIF, Other Draft Guidance
- GFOA OKs Recommended Practices for Local Governments. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32332, p5
The article reports on the approval of several recommended practices for state and local governments to meet secondary market disclosure requirements by the executive board of the Government Finance Officers Association in the United States. The recommended practices include the tax increment...
- GFOA Panel to Act on Secondary Securitization Guidance. // Bond Buyer;1/26/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32057, p32
This article reports that the Government Finance Officers Association's (GFOA) committee on governmental debt management will consider recommended practices on secondary market securitization, tax increment financings, and pension obligation bonds at the GFOA's winter meeting in Washington. The...
- Panel to Weigh Urging Bond Counsel About IRS Sanctions. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31905, p4
Reports that the Government Finance Officers Association's committee on governmental debt management has considered revising its guidelines to encourage issuers to ask bond counsel and finance professionals whether they have been sanctioned by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Update on the...
- GFOA Girds for Guidance. Hume, Lynn; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/26/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32057, p1
This article reports that the Government Finance Officers Association's (GFOZ) committee on governmental debt management will consider recommended practices on secondary market securitization, tax increment financings, and pension obligation bonds at the GFOA's winter meeting. The committee is...
- TIF Time? Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p29
Reports on the legislation allowing the use of tax increment financing for redevelopment purposes in West Virginia. Procedures in holding public hearings; Ways to amortize debt to pay off bonds; Opportunity to attract business investments.
- The Trouble With TIFs. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p1
Reports issues concerning the tax increment financing for transportation improvements in Manhattan, New York City. Development of plan for specific improvements in the area; Increase in the property tax revenue from assessed property in the district; Implications of the bond having not been...
- OPINION. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p10
Comments on the need for a tax increment financing at Euclid Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio. Proposition of tax incrementation from the White administration; Allocation of property taxes for street improvement; Encouragement of prospective of investors.
- The city that TIFs: Too much of a good thing? // Crain's Chicago Business;07/14/97, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p10
Opinion. Discusses Chicago's use of the tax-increment financing (TIF) program. Impact of TIF on the city's fiscal health; Location of Chicago's taxing districts; Operations of the TIF program.
- Making better use of tax increment financing. Carlson, Gary E. // Economic Development Review;Spring92, Vol. 10 Issue 2, Spring 1992 p34
Discusses the use of tax increment financing (TIF) as an economic development financing. Traditional TIF projects; New development TIF applications; TIF development areas; TIF for training; Experience of Newton, Iowa in this kind of financing.