Minnesota Budget Woes Worry Rater
- FFO-1.-Summary of Fiscal Operations. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2002, p14
Presents a chart on the summary of fiscal operations of the federal government in the U.S. Rate of the public debt securities.
- Fiscal reckoning cannot be avoided. Rich, Howard // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/13/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p2
In this article, the author discusses the fiscal reckoning in the U.S. in which he said that the government should focus on the country's 13.8-trillion-dollars debt in 2011.
- Success and failure of fiscal consolidation in the OECD: A multivariate analysis. Heylen, Freddy; Everaert, Gerdie // Public Choice;Oct2000, Vol. 105 Issue 1/2, p103
Examines the five hypotheses explaining the success and failure of fiscal consolidation in a multivariate regression framework in OECD countries. Composition, size and persistence of the consolidation program; Gravity of the debt situation; Influence of the international macroeconomic...
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Policy and Outlook. // Colombia Country Monitor;Feb2012, p16
The article focuses on the outlook of Colombia's fiscal policy the success of former President Ãlvaro Uribe's fiscal rule that progressively reduce the national public debt and the impact of Law 781 of 2002 in foreign-debt placements.
- FISCAL OPERATIONS. // Central Bank of Trinidad & Tobago Annual Economic Survey;2015, p28
A country report for Trinidad & Tobago is presented, with topics including the central government's fiscal performance, revenue from the non-energy sector, and public sector debt.
- Fiscal policy, deficits and politics of subnational governments: The case of the German Laender. Seitz, Helmut // Public Choice;Mar2000, Vol. 102 Issue 3/4, p183
Examines the economic and political determinants of public debt and fiscal policy in Germany. Description of the institutional aspects of federal system; Development of models of subnational governments; Use of expenditures as policy variables.
- THE FEDERAL MINI-BUDGET OF OCTOBER 18,2000. Mendelsohn, Joshua; Smith, Alister // CIBC Observations;Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p7
Speculates on the impact of the mini-budget introduced by the Finance Minister on the long-term performance of the economy in Canada. Projection of the private sector on revenue, spending and budget surpluses; Relevance of debt reduction to the financial markets; Concerns over the risk of an...
- Right-Wing Propaganda Masquerading as an Economics Curriculum. Singer, Alan // Social Science Docket;Summer/Fall2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p32
A description of the course "Understanding the Fiscal Responsibility" being offered at the Teachers College, Columbia University in New York City, New York is provided.
- A Test for Household Behavior in Response to Government Activities . Vegari, Sheila // Southern Economic Journal;Apr88, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p994
The objective of this study is to shed some light on the crowding out argument. If an increase in government demand, financed either by taxes or by issuing debt, fails to stimulate total economic activity, the private sector is said to have been "crowded out" by the government action. We...