- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/27/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31169, p35
Presents news briefs related to public finance in the Midwest, as of July 27, 2001. Rejection of East Saint Louis, Illinois' proposed budget by a state-appointed oversight panel; Proposed federal funding of airport improvements in Gary, Indiana; Moody's Investors Service's downgrading of...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p29
Reports developments related public finance in the U.S. Southeast region. Plan of Miami-Dade County to issue aviation revenue bonds; Decline of total revenue collections in the state of Georgia; Refusal of the Kentucky County Debt Commission over the proposed bond anticipation note deal for the...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p27
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of August 2002. Agreement between private conservation organization to buy lands by the Air Force Base in Maricopa County; Struggles on economic crises with budget deficits in Arizona; Considerations on industrial development revenue...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31484, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of October 2002. Establishment of the structurally balanced financial operations; Stabilization of the fund balance reserve levels; Decrease of the rate on revenue bonds.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/21/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31454, p29
Reports development in public finance in the U.S. as of August 2002. Announcement of the budget proposal in St. Paul, Minnesota; Selection of several Illinois towns as sites of the proposed stadium; Rejection of the appeal of the urban homeowners on the sale of homes to Chicago.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/21/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31454, p32
Presents several charts depicting public finance statistics in the U.S. as of August 2002. Merrill Lynch corporate bond indexes; Securities prices; Municipal market data general obligation.
- Anchorage bond sale for roads, sewers mushes to market. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p36
Reports that Anchorage, Alaska will issue $18.6 million negotiated general obligation bonds to fund its roads, drainage and emergency operations. Lead underwriter; Bond counsel; Sale prospects; Bond ratings; Factors that distinguish Anchorage issuance.
- General purpose. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p10A
Reports on the performance of general purpose bonds in the United States for the first half of 1997. Role of the strong economy in the drop of issuance; State spending on capital projects; Shift of issuance into other sectors; Interest rates; Refundings; Bond insurance; Variable-rate issuance.
- Public facilities. Cohen, Jodi B. // Bond Buyer;02/09/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30327, p36A
Summarizes public facility bond issuance in the United States in 1997. Quarterly public facility bond sales; Total issuance at $10.6 billion; Government offices as the leading issuer in the sector; Largest deals; Predictions for a trend toward negotiated issues in the public facility sector.