Fighting With Neighbors, Dallas Suburb Plans $182M Referendum
- MISSISSIPPI. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;3/15/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p6
The article informs that the definition of tourism project has been revised in Mississippi to include cultural retail attraction in its sales tax incentive program.
- NEB. TOURISM AND REDEVELOPMENT INCENTIVES ENACTED. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;4/15/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p3
The article reports on the creation of a sales and use tax incentive program, titled the Nebraska Advantage Transformational Tourism and Redevelopment Act, which permits proceeds from the local option sales tax to be used for redevelopment or tourism development projects in the local area.
- tip off. // Business Traveller (Asia-Pacific Edition);Jul/Aug2010, p43
The article demonstrates how Malaysia's user-friendly application process and attractive investment regulations attract retirees to live in the country. Malaysia offers tax incentives such as allowing foreign residents who are able to get a visa to bring their own car without paying import duty...
- Sales Tax Increase Small Price to Pay for Success. Katz, Mel // San Diego Business Journal;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p83
In this article, the author discusses on the impact of the sales tax increase in San Diego, California. He states that the county has a unique business community and its annual budget plays an important role in the quality of life and the effectiveness of the local government. He adds that he...
- A tax holiday. // State Government News;Jun/Jul2000, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p8
Deals with the sales-tax holiday for shoppers in Iowa. Total amount of tax holiday package of the state; Other states which offer sales-tax holidays.
- Governor floats economic incentives. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;3/1/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p7
The article offers information on Nebraska Super Advantage, proposed by Governor Dave Heineman. The proposal seeks to modify certain sales and use tax, as well as other tax incentives available under the Nebraska Advantage Program as of March 1, 2008. According to the author, the proposal would...
- Analysts: Attract e-businesses to offset sales tax losses. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30832, p5
Reports on tax analysts Kerstin Nemec and Kent Johnson's suggestions to attract electronic businesses and offset sales tax losses of state and local governments in the United States. Proposals for retooling tax incentives to lure Internet-based businesses; Tax losses arising from electronic...
- Now available: Empire Zone maps, compass. Yurcan, Bryan F. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/31/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 13, p7
The article reports on the tax incentives offered by the Mount Vernon Chamber of Commerce through its Mount Vernon Empire Zone program in New York. It includes tax credits for up to five consecutive years for zone-qualified companies hiring full time employees in newly created jobs. It also...
- Looking for tax equality for Texans. Bailey Hutchison, Key // Malakoff News (TX);12/15/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 50, p4A
The article discusses how Texas residents can benefit from a sales tax deduction bill. The bill allows the sales tax to be deducted from federal income taxes. According to the Texas Comptroller's Office, the sales tax deduction will save a family of four $310 a year, a total of about $1 billion...