State Treasurers to MSRB: G-37 Wrong Tool for Right Job
- Employers face new UI charge; some lose solvency tax. LANE, AMY // Crain's Detroit Business;3/12/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p0011
The article reports that employers in Michigan face a new charge on their unemployment insurance (UI) tax bills. It notes that the UI tax bills can pay off the bonds issued in December 2011 to eliminate the state's long-running unemployment insurance debt to the federal government. It adds that...
- Managers See Little Effect From Florida's Intangibles Repeal. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/31/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32392, p7
The article presents information on the views of brokers and portfolio managers who deal in Florida debt regarding the effect of the repeal of intangible tax on the pricing of the state's bonds in Florida. They anticipate a minimal change in demand or of the state's bonds when the repeal of its...
- Tax exempt bonds after RRA '93. Bercher, I. Stanley // CPA Journal;Jun95, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p62
Focuses on the Revenue Reconciliation Act of 1993 mandating that gains attributable to market discount on tax-exempt securities bought on the secondary market after April 30, 1993 shall be taxed as ordinary income upon the sale of the securities. Computation of the market discount for ordinary...
- Two Deals Price in US, One in Europe: On Both Sides of the Atlantic, the Forward Calendar is Sparse. Appin, Rick; Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;10/22/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 40, pN.PAG
Reports on the performance of primary markets in the U.S. and Europe as of October 22, 2001. Launch of security bonds from food products manufacture Smithfield Foods Inc.; Concern about changes in Russian tax law that might affect the city's tax revenue.
- Final yield-burning rules. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the issuance of tax regulations on arbitrage restrictions for tax-exempt bonds in the United States.
- Once again, Oklahoma's double-tax-exempt bill is on the move. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/31/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30610, p3
Reports on the proposed bill that would exempt local government bonds from Oklahoma's income tax. Bond exempted from taxes; Provisions of the bill.
- THE PRICING OF PREMIUM BONDS. Livingston, Miles // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep79, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p517
The article considers the pricing of premium bonds. The author seeks to determine the appropriate bond pricing equation for premium bonds under the assumption that taxpayers elect the amortization of the premium on a straight line basis as a deduction from regular taxable income. The author...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31399, p37
Presents a chart depicting the legislative status of bond buyers in the U.S. Enactment of the Qualified Zone Academy Bond program; Status of the Internet Tax Nondiscriminant Act; Provisions of the clean water state revolving fund loan program.
- A Quirk in Volume Cap Hike Penalizes 29 Largest States. Ferris, Craig T.; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;8/22/2002, Vol. 241 Issue 31455, p1
Reports the increase on the cost-of-living in the private-activity bond volume cap in the U.S. Information on the volume cap increase provision; Limitation on the volume cap; Basis for the inflation adjustment.