NEWS IN BRIEF
- Inventories Increase 0.9%, Sales Jump 2% in January. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;3/14/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33481, p7
The article reports on the increase of the U.S. business inventories in January 2011.
- Inventories climb 0.6%, sales up 0.8% in Sept. Selway, William // Bond Buyer;11/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30523, p2
Discloses the performance of business inventories in the United States for September 1998 based on a report by the Department of Commerce. Comparison of forecaster expectations and actual inventories performance; Comparison of increase of retail inventories for September and November.
- From JIT to JIC? // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p13
Provides information on just-in-time (JIT) inventory systems for corporations in the United States. Advantage of the JIT.
- December Business Inventories Up 0.5%; Sales Rise 0.1%. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;2/14/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34061, p1
The article presents statistics related to business inventories in the U.S. as issued by the U.S. Commerce Department including 0.5 percent increase in business inventories in December 2013, 0.1 percent increase in sales, and 1.30 business inventories/sales ratio at the end of December 2013.
- INBRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/13/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p12
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to the business enterprises in the U.S. Initial claims for state unemployment surged by 9,000 in the week of March 7 to 654,000 after adjustment as reported by the Labor Department. Business sales declined by 1.0% and inventories went down 1.1% in...
- Eleven reasons for firms to 'go international.'. Norvell, Douglass G.; Raveed, Sion // Marketing News;10/17/1980, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p1
Highlights several reasons for U.S. firms to become more export-minded in the 1980s. Changes in consumer demographics; Benefit of technological differences between countries for firms involved in international marketing; Disposal of excess inventory.
- Inventories Unchanged In Feb.; Sales Down 0.6%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32361, p2
The article reports that U.S. business inventories were unchanged in February even though sales declined 0.6 percent. According to Commerce Department, inventories hovered at a record level of 1.314 trillion following a 0.6 percent gain in January. Meanwhile, inventories of autos fell 0.7...
- Help Me! There's Not Enough Hours! // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/08/2013, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on Brooke Stone of New York City and her company Brooke Stone Lifestyle Management. It mentions that Stone and her company's task is to aid people and other companies in their everyday tasks. It also offers Stone's insights on how to manage one's everyday tasks, which include...
- At the Half. // Time;8/8/1960, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p76
The article focuses on the decline in the profits of several businesses in the U.S. in 1959. It mentions that the increase in costs, high inventories caused by overoptimistic expectations were the reasons on the sudden fall of the profits. It also states that the reasons for the decline of...