Commonwealth curtain raiser
- Sibex Will Go Far in the World. Vapenikova, Jana // Czech Business & Trade;2002, Issue 3/4, p18
Interviews Otto de Jager, director of pinewood furniture firm Sibex s.r.o., on the company's performance in Czech Republic. Factors that contribute to success; Brief history of the firm; Products to offer foreign partners; Goal of the company.
- HALL 5 STAND A16. // Cabinet Maker;12/11/2009, Issue 5667, p43
The article profiles Steens Furniture UK Ltd., considered as the leading manufacturer of flat pack furniture in Denmark, featuring its range of product collections particularly children's furniture.
- Craftsmanship key to potential. // Furniture/Today;02/26/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p21
Focuses on HTL International executive K.C. Ooi's views about the furniture industry in China.
- Kjellbergs tries to block Steens. // Cabinet Maker;7/5/2002, Issue 5294, p1
Reports on the legal dispute between pine cabinet companies Kjellbergs Successors and Steens Furniture in Europe. Plans of Kjellbergs to launch Steens products in the United Kingdom (UK); Reason of Steens for filing an injuction at a court in Denmark; Views of former Kjellbergs UK sales...
- Court decided Danish rival pine design rights. // Cabinet Maker;11/8/2002, Issue 5312, p4
Reports on a Danish court's rejection of an attempt by pine furniture company Kjellbergs to halt trading by rival Steens.
- Solid advances for Steens. // Cabinet Maker;5/16/2008, Issue 5588, p3
The article reports that Steens Furniture is looking forward to new opportunities in Great Britain and Ireland market. Following the acquisition of the manufacturer Pronova, the company believes the move strongly establishes themselves as the leading Danish company supplying solid Scandinavian...
- More sales help put Steens back in profit. // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p4
Reports that pine furniture firm, Steens Furniture has boosted its finances in 2003 helped by a 15% increase in sales. Movement of the company to a larger customer base; Expectations of further growth from the mail order and Irish markets in 2004.
- Suppliers lose out. // Cabinet Maker;12/16/2005, Issue 5469, p5
The article reports on the business losses experienced by suppliers in Great Britain as of December 2005 relevant to the administration and subsequent management buyouts at DP Furniture Express. Despite the losses, some suppliers still express support, citing the Denmark-based cabinet...
- Forbes names HTL International to 'Best Under a Billion' list. // Furniture/Today;6/20/2005 Supplement, Vol. 29, p5
The article reports that Asian leather upholstery producer HTL International has been named to "Forbes" magazine's "Best Under a Billion" list for the third consecutive year. The sixth annual list highlights 100 companies based in Asia and Europe that it considers to be the best smaller-size...