On the trail of the profitable pine
- Erskine adds to its repertoire. // Cabinet Maker;6/14/2002, Issue 5291, p4
Reports on addition of products to Woodlands bedroom range of Erskine Pine. Furniture included in the additions; Organization funded by the profits generated by Erskine Pine.
- Erskine goes into print. // Cabinet Maker;06/02/2000, Issue 5190, p2
Announces Erskine Pine's launch of `Erskine Pine News' periodical to keep stockists informed of company developments and offers.
- Still selling after all these years. Lea, Jane // Cabinet Maker;06/30/2000, Issue 5194, p12
Reports on the market for pine furniture. Branded favorites; Increasingly diverse imported cabinet designs; British manufacturers; Imports from Denmark, Eastern Europe, Malaysia and China.
- Master of disguise. // Cabinet Maker;8/29/2003, Issue 5353, p28
Focuses on the performance of the pine furniture market in Great Britain. Decline in the marketing of pine furniture; Response of the furniture industry to the customer demands; Factors contributing to the decline.
- Manufacturers hit back at claims that `common' pine has lost public favour. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;02/20/98, Issue 5076, p4
Reports on the reaction of British pine furniture manufacturers on an article written in `The Times' newspaper suggesting that the Forestry Commission has switched from growing softwoods to hardwoods due to the declining interest in pine furniture. Comments of designers about pine furniture;...
- This week. // Cabinet Maker;08/14/98, Issue 5101, p6
Cites the financial performances of Durham Pine's furniture store in Stirling, Scotland during the week starting August 1, 1998. Trading across the 56 store chain.
- Westminster Pine name to disappear. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;05/12/2000, Issue 5187, p4
Reports on Westminster Pine's plan to sell its product range under the banner of other companies within the Silentnight group.
- Fabulous night for Durham Pine. // Cabinet Maker;3/15/2002, Issue 5278, p25
Highlights the annual gala dinner of the furniture company Durham Pine in Great Britain. Presence of the employees and owners of the company in the celebration; Number of prizes presented to manufacturers and franchisers; Enumeration of the winners from the awards night.
- Bedroom move for Retford. // Cabinet Maker;08/04/2000, Issue 5199, p5
Focuses on pine bed manufacturer Retford Pine's plan to expand its product offering with the launch of a range of bedroom furniture.